< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Returning To My Childhood (not far to travell :)  (Read 2270 times)

Offline 2guns

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Returning To My Childhood (not far to travell :)
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 03:15:21 AM »
I have a marlin 39A golden Mountie and 2 of the Henry's I picked up those when the kids were born, to one day pass on to them. I love my marlin it was my dads he got it for a b-day present when he was a kid I think he said it cost my grandparents $60 at the time. I carried that little rifle trapping all through high school. I feel bad I did more damage to it in my 30 years than my dad ever did. Thats why the kids will get the Henry's so they can enjoy them and not have dad telling them not to scratch it. I did look into getting 39s for the kids they were up there in the $700 range vs. $200
Friend me on facebook Twoguns prepper

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 07:04:40 PM »
I have a marlin 39A golden Mountie and 2 of the Henry's I picked up those when the kids were born, to one day pass on to them. I love my marlin it was my dads he got it for a b-day present when he was a kid I think he said it cost my grandparents $60 at the time. I carried that little rifle trapping all through high school. I feel bad I did more damage to it in my 30 years than my dad ever did. Thats why the kids will get the Henry's so they can enjoy them and not have dad telling them not to scratch it. I did look into getting 39s for the kids they were up there in the $700 range vs. $200

I wish Henry's were $200.  That would be a third lower than Wal-Mart and about half of LGS.

Offline 2guns

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
It was several years ago I purchased them they were right at $200 each. I think the same rifle is running about $299 now at wal-mart. Keep in mind these are blued with walnut stocks not the golden boy which are quite a bit more.
Friend me on facebook Twoguns prepper

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 12:55:31 AM »
my 56 year old mind is replacing/ reliving teenage  memories.  the blue ones fit right in.