< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Benelli Montefeltro Silver  (Read 2776 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Benelli Montefeltro Silver
« on: April 02, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
I can get a pretty sweet deal on a brand new Montefeltro Silver and was wondering if anybody has some feedback on them. Looking to get a 20ga and primarily use it as a dove gun or use for some trap shooting when I rarely get out to do it. Messed with one at Cabela's the other day and it points well for me. If you have any other suggestions for a lightweight 20ga with some nice wood and I prefer engraving on the action then feel free to share. Thanks

Offline BluejayLaw14

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Benelli Montefeltro Silver
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:26:49 AM »
I've used one pheasant hunting. I use an SBE for most of my shotgunning, so this wasn't too much of a switch as it operates pretty much the same way. The only thing I was concerned about was getting the engraving scratched up when I was going through tree groves. But overall, it worked great and is really light.

Offline OleSharky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:56:05 PM »
I was looking pretty seriously a couple years ago for a new shotgun.  Looked at a lot of different ones and talked to several people about pro's & con's of each.  My choice of all I looked at would have been a 20 Ga. Montefeltro.  I was looking at the blued, not the silver though.  Beautiful well made gun all around.  I've been shooting the same 16 Ga. Browning Auto for 60 years though so it's hard for me to make a change.    :) 

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 01:19:03 AM »
Thanks for the input guys, looks like I will go with one. Now the debate begins if I get a safe first or the gun first  :-\

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 01:44:05 PM »
Silver barrel?

Walking into or nearly into the sun  could it put a bright reflection  into your eyes, blinding you?

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 08:47:09 PM »
Silver barrel?

Walking into or nearly into the sun  could it put a bright reflection  into your eyes, blinding you?

It has a blued barrel and a relatively matte "silver" finish on the receiver. As long as I don't take any flitz polish to it I should be fine.

Offline NebraskaGunner

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »
I can get a pretty sweet deal on a brand new Montefeltro Silver and was wondering if anybody has some feedback on them. Looking to get a 20ga and primarily use it as a dove gun or use for some trap shooting when I rarely get out to do it. Messed with one at Cabela's the other day and it points well for me. If you have any other suggestions for a lightweight 20ga with some nice wood and I prefer engraving on the action then feel free to share. Thanks

I have a Monty in 12ga. Its my go to pheasant gun, and I love it. Click-Bang everytime.   I went with the Benelli over others simply because I'm a lefty on long guns.  You will not be sorry.