< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Weekend Coffee v. 3.0  (Read 2231 times)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Weekend Coffee v. 3.0
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 07:13:25 AM »
Bump to the top, see y'all there.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 12:11:01 PM »
had a good time, drank too much coffee, and was nice to put some faces to the forum names.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »
Still waiting for the 'Boss' to come aboard Mr. Wusker ;)

Great to meet some new faces. 

Note to Self: Less pie. Diet gone all to ....

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 01:48:32 PM »
I had a good time as well.
NRA Life Member!!!!

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »
Would like to have gone, but my sailboat, was calling to me, saying "Put me back together". 

Mizzen mast is up, in the next few days, the main mast goes up. 

We were the 2nd boat on the slip this year, beat out by one other boat, but we have not taken ours out yet, because we trailer ours home in the winter, the other boats cover theirs masts up, and leave them at the lake.  More work setting up when everything has to be put back in place again.

We could have the next gun get together, sailing on Branched Oak.

One of only a few left, she was made in 1976, under the watchful eye of famous blue water yacht designer William Crealock.  She is a Clipper Marine 32' aft cabin, center cockpit, Ketch.    She will sleep 6, and day sail double that.  She was built to race to outer islands around Southern California.   I found her in a storage lot outside LA, CA a year ago, and imported her to Nebraska.   She was the largest sailboat on Branched Oak lake for a few months, till someone with deep pockets, not wanting out done, imported a 33' sailboat from Texas.  lol   

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:48:15 PM by Gary »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
Still waiting for the 'Boss' to come aboard Mr. Wusker ;)

That is my fault cuz I was busy all afternoon helping my youngest buy a house
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Msclechks

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »
Well "The Boss"  :laugh: has officially become a member.  Wanted to say thanks for the morning conversation and time away from kiddos ;D

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 08:10:30 PM »
Would like to have gone, but my sailboat, was calling to me, saying "Put me back together". 

Mizzen mast is up, in the next few days, the main mast goes up. 

We were the 2nd boat on the slip this year, beat out by one other boat, but we have not taken ours out yet, because we trailer ours home in the winter, the other boats cover theirs masts up, and leave them at the lake.  More work setting up when everything has to be put back in place again.

We could have the next gun get together, sailing on Branched Oak.

One of only a few left, she was made in 1976, under the watchful eye of famous blue water yacht designer William Crealock.  She is a Clipper Marine 32' aft cabin, center cockpit, Ketch.    She will sleep 6, and day sail double that.  She was built to race to outer islands around Southern California.   I found her in a storage lot outside LA, CA a year ago, and imported her to Nebraska.   She was the largest sailboat on Branched Oak lake for a few months, till someone with deep pockets, not wanting out done, imported a 33' sailboat from Texas.  lol   

Gary, my dad has a sailboat that he keeps at Cunningham lake in Omaha, he is always wanting me and my boys to come out and use it. So far my youngest is the only one that does.
It is a McGreggor, I don't think it is as long as yours somewhere in the mid 20s, but it has a good sized cabin and an outboard motor also.
If you ever set anything up, I would be interested in a sailing lesson. I work every other weekend so it would be hit or miss.
Looks like a fun hobby.
Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 08:30:58 PM »
Well "The Boss"  :laugh: has officially become a member.  Wanted to say thanks for the morning conversation and time away from kiddos ;D

Oh dude not cool who invited the girl to come and play ;)