General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

If You Think Ammo Is Krazy High, How About An $80 6 Pack Of Light Bulbs?

(1/1)

Gary:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cree-9-Watt-60W-A19-Daylight-5000K-LED-Light-Bulb-6-Pack-BA19-08050OMF-12DE26-1U100/204084368#.UVu4HN8o53A

CUT IT OUT!

unfy:
$80 / 6 = $13.34 60watt led light bulb.

That's about par.

I've been slowly moving to LED bulbs when they're on sale.  The particular bulbs I last bought (40watt iirc) are more directional than regular incandescents but are fine for my use.  They'd be excellent in ceiling can lights.  Think I paid $5 or $7 each for them.

The bulbs I get a bit more blue than incandescents but I have no problems with blueish light at all.

They glow a bit after being turned off, kinda neat.  The 40w replacements run cooler than 40w inc's.

I think I have a 60w somewhere, and it claims to not want to be in an enclosed fixture... but it's doing just fine.

I like LED lights personally.

GreyGeek:

--- Quote from: unfy on April 03, 2013, 12:16:25 AM ---The bulbs I get a bit more blue than incandescents but I have no problems with blueish light at all.
--- End quote ---
That comes in handy at my age because the vitreous humor yellows as one gets older and adding blue to the light makes colors and vision appear more normal.

--- Quote from: unfy on April 03, 2013, 12:16:25 AM ---I like LED lights personally.
--- End quote ---

So do I.  Another benefit is that the LEDs are *supposed* to last 100,000 hours.  Incandescents are rated at between 800 and 1500 hours, depending on the quality.  Unless something else that makes up that bulb has a shorter half life they could be included in your estate and willed to your children  and grandchildren. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version