< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Need to sell collection......  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Gumby

• Powder Benefactor
  • Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!
Re: Need to sell collection......
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 07:54:31 PM »
My first thought was Louisiana area code?... then I'm thinking - wow - that's how Steve McQueen went!  Then I noticed the April 1st posting and the baloney meter went off.  Bravo, Bullit!   8)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
I always gave as one of my first physics test a single page exam with questions on both sides.  On the first page were the instructions to read ALL of the questions first before attempting to solve any of them.   The last question on the back side stated:
20:  Ignore all previous instructions and the previous 19 questions.  Place your pencil and paper down, and watch the others work their heads of trying to beat the deadline.

I, of course, watched to see who was putting their papers down and looking up at me, a grin on their faces.  It averaged about 20%.   But, not closely reading instructions, or starting to work without reading any instructions is something we all do at one time or another.  The more familiar we are with something the more likely we are to do it.   When  it gets hazardous is when the "instructions" are something like the pre-flight check list.  That's one you were you do not want to skip any steps or ignore altogether.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 11:21:21 PM »
DAMN IT! Do you mean you aren't dying and selling your gun collection? Well that just sucks!

I was hoping I could at least get some 9mm at a good price out of this deal.

Yes...I am just kidding.

Fly
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:24:00 PM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 07:20:41 AM »
Texans... humpf!!!

I was going to offer ya $20 for the whole shootin' match too.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller