< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln CID fingerprinting by appointment only  (Read 2693 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Lincoln CID fingerprinting by appointment only
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 04:01:06 PM »
Nebraska is no where near that number of permits total since our law was passed over 5 years ago.

That article was written on Dec 9, 2012.  Between Nov 1, 2010 and then would  be about 2,060 working days.  With about 8 hours be working day that works  out  to be 67 per day or 8.4 per hour.  When I applied for  my license the guy taking my finger prints took about 20 minutes to do it.  That works out to about 3 people per hour.  If Nebraska wants to improve on  that choke point they could assign/hire two extra people to help  out there.  That  would raise Nebraska's processing rate to 9 per hour, about the same as Wisconsin's.

Offline muleshemi

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 04:47:38 PM »
That article was written on Dec 9, 2012.  Between Nov 1, 2010 and then would  be about 2,060 working days.  With about 8 hours be working day that works  out  to be 67 per day or 8.4 per hour.  When I applied for  my license the guy taking my finger prints took about 20 minutes to do it.  That works out to about 3 people per hour.  If Nebraska wants to improve on  that choke point they could assign/hire two extra people to help  out there.  That  would raise Nebraska's processing rate to 9 per hour, about the same as Wisconsin's.

That would only work if they also invested in more digital finger printing equipment and camera/printer.
Possibly more office space for that equipment too.

When I had my prints taken, about 3 weeks ago, I was told when I walked in that it would be about an hour wait. So I went down the street and got a sandwich. Came back and spent all of about 5 minuets waiting in the little waiting area. NO WAY I would stand & sit in that room for more than an hour.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 09:23:16 AM »
That would only work if they also invested in more digital finger printing equipment and camera/printer.
Possibly more office space for that equipment too.

True.   In our era of tight budgets that would be a deal breaker.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 09:48:57 AM »

Wisconsin's CCW law went into effect in 2011, not 2010.  Need to re-do some math....    ;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »
Wisconsin's CCW law went into effect in 2011, not 2010.  Need to re-do some math....

Yup.  That's a typo on my part, but the math is good because a year still holds 365
 days, or 2040 working hours, assuming a one week vacation, and the gap was about 20 working hours longer than a year.

The article sited was a "one year report card" on CCW, published on Dec 9, 2012.  It states:
It’s been a little more than a year since Wisconsin adopted the concealed carry law, and despite high profile tragedies in Milwaukee, law enforcement officials in Walworth County report that the Wild West has not returned like detractors claimed it would.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice has approved more than 138,500 concealed carry permits since Act 35 went into effect Nov. 1, 2011, and DOJ statistics show that handgun sales are up 90 percent since 2010.

An interesting side note is that even though the handgun  sales nearly doubled the "wild west" never appeared.  This becomes a data point to refute the gun grabbers who claim we'll be returning to the days  of the gunfights on streets of Dodge City.

Offline stutzcattle

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
Called into Grand Island and the fingerprint waiting list had me out to may 7.  Called Lincoln and they can get  me in tomorrow.  Not sure, but it seemed like it being a renewal makes a difference.  She acted like there are two seperate lines.  Maybe not.

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »
Went to Omaha NSP today, got in & out in about 10 minutes  for my printing & renewal. ;)   The lady doing the prints was also very nice and fun to chat with.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 05:06:18 PM »
Yup.  That's a typo on my part, but the math is good because a year still holds 365
 days, or 2040 working hours, assuming a one week vacation, and the gap was about 20 working hours longer than a year.

The article sited was a "one year report card" on CCW, published on Dec 9, 2012.  It states:
An interesting side note is that even though the handgun  sales nearly doubled the "wild west" never appeared.  This becomes a data point to refute the gun grabbers who claim we'll be returning to the days  of the gunfights on streets of Dodge City.

Not that those days ever really existed, of course. See this review by my friend Ed Stringham of a book that dispels the myth of the violent, lawless Wild West: http://www.gordon.edu/ace/pdf/F06F&E4748BR8Stringham.pdf

Here's the book itself: http://amzn.com/0804748543

Stanford took down a page with excerpts from some other sources that address this issue, but thankfully we have archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/20070314143516/http://west.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/pager.php?id=18

There were never more than five murders in any given cattle town during a single year despite the presence, on both sides of the law, of gunfighters. . . . During the peak years of cattle towns, the average number of homicides was only 1.5 a year for each town.

This restricted (at least when compared to myth) number of murders did not result from the potential murderer’s fear of quick and violent retaliation. When murders did occur, cattle-town residents did not demand excessive punishment. Cattle-town merchants feared that executing a cowboy just because he had killed another cowboy might discourage Texans from returning and spending their money.

Source: White, Richard. "It’s Your Misfortune and None of My Own ." University of Oklahoma Press, 1991. 330.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:13:29 PM by CitizenClark »