< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Thoughts on an open carry gathering  (Read 5131 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Thoughts on an open carry gathering
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 04:35:58 PM »
Yes.

Doing something that is COMPLETELY LEGAL IN NEBRASKA should be discouraged.

Evidently...   ???

I'd get in trouble if I posted what I originally typed-out in this response.  Not that it would be the first time...  :o

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »
Do a boy scouts barbecue with proceeds going to local troupes.

Do something similar for a local school.

Want to avoid kids ?

How about a local charity that helps battered women ?

A friendly softball game between the local PD and local FD (my personal fave) ?

Salvation Army ?

There are a lot of great charities and organizations that would love to get some help and some publicity.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 06:50:30 PM »
I personally think this would be fun, could be very positive if organized and handled correctly...and if done at the right place and time. Though every single one of us has no issue following the law and exercising our rights within the law, it's all about the public perception of how we define it that matters.

Now, my thoughts are, if we were to do this, let's start small. How about contacting Cabela's and see if we can set up a table or something out near the front entrance? At least the crowd that frequents that store will be at least somewhat familiar with the concept of gun ownership. Maybe sell popcorn or something and donate the proceeds to a local charity. At the same time, we could be openly, responsibly carrying and possibly hand out pamphlets or flyers stating the true facts about current gun legislation versus what the main stream media has been spouting lately. A side benefit would be that there are likely many CHP holders and gun owners in general going in and out of the store that our not familiar with our forum and we would likely gain membership.

If this goes successful, and I am sure it will, we could then maybe talk with a local Wal-Mart or the like and repeat the event. Hopefully, the long term goal would be to set up our gathering in a more open, public place.

Just some thoughts...

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »
I say we find out if Ernie Chambers donates money to any charities. If he does we do an OC event selling raffle tickets or something with all of the money going to his favorite one :)

but seriously, I wouldn't mind at all helping set something up and I do like the idea of connecting a charity to it.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 11:11:02 PM »
Yes.

Doing something that is COMPLETELY LEGAL IN NEBRASKA should be discouraged.

Evidently...   ???

I'd get in trouble if I posted what I originally typed-out in this response.  Not that it would be the first time...  :o

+1

I too have to watch my P's and Q's - I think I am out of warnings from the almighty.