< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Is this even legal?  (Read 681 times)

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
Is this even legal?
« on: April 08, 2013, 05:55:51 PM »
Using Air Force One to fly citizens to Washington to speak for gun control?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/8/sandy-hook-relatives-travel-air-force-one-dc-press/

Eleven relatives of those killed during the Sandy Hook tragedy will be flown into Washington, D.C., on Air Force One Monday so they can urge senators personally to back gun control legislation.

Nonprofit Sandy Hook Promise said that after President Obama’s speech on gun control in Hartford, he is flying back to Washington with the relatives. The White House said Mr. Obama is going to argue that lawmakers have an obligation to the children killed to act on his proposals, The Associated Press reports.

“The group is encouraging senators to come together around legislative proposals that will both save lives and respect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans,” Sandy Hook Promise said in a statement.

Mr. Obama plans to invoke the memories of the 26 children and staff members killed. He is speaking at the University of Hartford, near the state capitol where last week the governor signed into law some of the nation’s strictest gun control laws, the AP reports

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Is this even legal?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:06:45 PM »
You dare question the King? :o

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »
Surprised he was able to get his family off the plane long enough, breaking up their one vacation after another.

Offline Gumby

• Powder Benefactor
  • Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »
Found this on the 'nets, complete with typos... I think it addresses your question CliffD:

Do private citizens ever get to fly on Air Force One as guests of the President?

I just thought that since the President is heading my way in December that my mother could hitch a ride with him. She already has a plane ticket for the day after his scheduled arrival, but I thought this would be much more exciting for her. She is one of many unsung heroes and this could be some sort of recognition for her contribution as a private citizen. What do you think?

Charming

Well, it would be a charming thing to do, if only symbolic.

Generally under Republican presidents, trips on Air Force One were doled out to high executives at Enron, Bear Stearns, Merill Lynch, Halliburton, Blackwater, and Goldman_Sachs.  Plus you got an official Air Force One windbreaker and a picture of you with the president.  And all it took was a preceding $800,000 dollar contribution to the RNC.   What a deal.

Now with Obama, he’s only flying with Rev Wright, Barney Frank, Bernadette Dorn, Charles Manson, Bill Ayers, and the crazy guy that claimed to have smoked crack and done something naughty with Obama in a limo long ago.  Obama likes them all so much they’ve been permenantly strapped to the seats.

By my count that leaves at least one seat for your grandma. 

If she wants to participate in the chit-chat, she better brush up on radical black Christianity, Homoism, Irish bomb making techniques, wide-eyed crazy talk, and 60’s Chicago radicalism.   ;)