< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Best FFL Transfer fee?  (Read 8792 times)

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Best FFL Transfer fee?
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 06:33:17 PM »
Capital City Pawn is also good (can't remember the guy's name but he's at the S 13th store...maybe Alex?)  $15.  Also gotta give props to Jeff though too.  Great guy...  Think he charges $20 last time I asked.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »
I will use Rod Moeller since he a member of NFOA and I would rather support him.  I have never had a problem in any dealing with him.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »
+1 for Rod.  This is my reasoning, sure he is not the cheapest FFL around.  That isn't the point.  You should find a FFL dealer and stay with him, just like a barber.  I've been supporting Rod for sometime now.  He's always treated me right and sure he charges commission on things, that's how he pays rent.  Rod (or any FFL dealer) is providing a valuable service need to kept in business.  He's just a super guy to work with and always treat you right.

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 09:13:50 PM »
I am in Clay Center, NE and am currently getting $20 for transfers. ;D

Offline webtrekker

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »
And in Sarpy county...and a helluva good guy to deal with...had at least six done through ssa...this is NOT to say anything against moeller, who is also a good guy with a reasonable rate (also in Sarpy)...

Just giving you my honest opinion, that I too have done biz with SSA and it has always been super smooth with great email communitcation and flexible hours.

+1 for Vic at SSA.  I've done a couple with him and have enjoyed the visit each time and at $15 figured that was a pretty fair deal.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 11:08:08 PM »
When I was a dealer, I think I charged $5 if I did not know you, and free to regulars. .  Shows how old I am!  lol

Offline pfinn

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 08:04:05 PM »
Capital City Pawn is also good (can't remember the guy's name but he's at the S 13th store...maybe Alex?)  $15. 

I used Capital City Pawn this summer, I won't say it was a bad experience, but it wasn't a great experience. They were a little slow in getting me out of there, and the guy didn't seem like he knew the process like some other FFLs did. Still made me register with LPD even though I have a CHP... I didn't know enough at the time to argue with him. $15 was my fee.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »
My business is about a stones throw from Big Shots, so I checked with them to see if they offered that service (some shops only want their guns going through their books, and do not want the extra paperwork) and they said sure.   Non members, is $40, but members, is only $20.  Twenty bucks is not a bad price, plus, I can shoot the gun while I am there. 

For anyone not yet taken the time to check out Big Shots, it is worth a visit.  Clean, modern, well staffed, good selection of hand guns.