< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: GunFreeZone iPhone App  (Read 730 times)

Offline Sgt_Rock

• NFOA Full Member
GunFreeZone iPhone App
« on: April 12, 2013, 09:01:30 AM »
Hey, everyone:  I downloaded an app from the Apple app store called GunFreeZone.  It uses your zip code to determine what locations are near you.  So as you go into businesses, you can open up app and list whether the business is gun friendly or not.  They're kind of relying on gun owners (and anti-gun hippies, I guess) to update their database.  So every time you list a business as gun friendly or gun free, their database is updated.  If enough gun owners download the app and start listing businesses, we can have a hand reference right on our phones. 

Again, it's called GunFreeZone.  It's available for both iPhone and Android devices.  I've been using it for a couple of months now and it's really easy to use.  Tap on a business and the app brings up an interface that shows an anti gun or pro gun icon and the apps asks you, 'You say?'  You select an icon and the choice is saved to the database.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: GunFreeZone iPhone App
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 11:08:47 AM »
I have the android version, and it did not have any information on sams club, or did not know we have two of them.  Must be a pretty new app. 

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 08:51:52 AM »
Just put it on my IPad. Seems like a good app. Now the fun of updating it begins.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »
We have several members who are using "Posted! - Carry List Anti-Gun Locations By Workman Consulting" which is also available for Iphone and android.  The NFOA gave them our posted places list to get started and they share updates back to us if you notify of a place that is posted.