< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Top DHS checkpoint refusals  (Read 1371 times)

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
Top DHS checkpoint refusals
« on: April 11, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »

Check this out.

It sucks that it has to be like this, but if you don't exercise your rights, they become privileges. Now we're to the point where we have exercised them so seldom....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:04:21 PM by NENick »

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: Top DHS checkpoint refusals
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 03:01:04 PM »
I would not handle this, in that way.   I am proud to say I am a citizen of Nebraska, USA, and I see no reason to hide that fact, on this web site, in my daily life, or at a road check point.

I do sometimes encounter a similar situation at weight stations.  I own a Kenworth Semi, a T2000, that I have licensed and insured as a motorhome, that I use to pull my 5th wheel.    On a few occasions, weigh stations see a semi truck with their eyes, and when they look at my paperwork, from the state of Nebraska saying the vehicle is licensed and insured as a motorhome.    One federal official at a check point in Florida, told me quote "Get the F#@k out of his weigh station!"  I had not treated him like these jerks on this video, in a disrespectful fashion, I was polite,, and answered every question.  He was mad that my vehicle, because of the way it was licensed, did not fall under his jurisdiction.   A weigh station in Iowa kept me two hours, asking questions, to end up letting me go.  A woman in Missouri asked me if I liked going down the road in an unlicensed semi, I told her I paid taxes to drive my Kenworth motorhome down the highway, she handed me back my papers, and told me to drive safe. 

I show respect to my parents, grandparents and heritage, when I try to act like Ron Paul, in my encounter with people in positions of authority, and I never try to act like Alex Jones.  Both men want freedom, both men want the USA we used to have, but both men go about it in much different ways.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:07:07 PM by Gary »

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:07:38 PM »
Now that is riding in style!!

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:46:02 PM »
I own a Kenworth Semi, a T2000, that I have licensed and insured as a motorhome, that I use to pull my 5th wheel.

With all that torque, what do you get with that, about 30 mph in first gear?  :D

Really, what is the milage that you get pulling that mobile home with a semi-tractor?

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 11:46:50 PM »
Well said Gary, nice post...and awesome rig!

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 01:31:08 AM »
With all that torque, what do you get with that, about 30 mph in first gear?  :D

Really, what is the milage that you get pulling that mobile home with a semi-tractor?

I had the engine detuned because I pull 20,000 pounds rather than 80,000 pounds, so I get better mileage but not much better. it does about 7 mpg.   the doubling of diesel fuel prices has cut way back on my using the rig much.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 12:23:57 PM »
I vote for an NFOA road trip.  Think of all the guns and rednecks we could pile in that thing!

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »
The first guy (is a pastor) in that video successfully defended his constitutional rights many times but also got taser and the crap beat out of him for not complying to a INS checkpoint. He won the court case but it took years.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 02:20:25 PM »
The first guy (is a pastor) in that video successfully defended his constitutional rights many times but also got taser and the crap beat out of him for not complying to a INS checkpoint. He won the court case but it took years.

He found a better way to get through the Nazi checkpoints:

Worked beautifully,  and didn't get the crap beat out of him.  Of course,  if the "Progressives" get their way that approach could be more dangerous than being belligerent because he'd be guilty of being "exclusive" for not mentioning Islam, or Buddhism, or Judaism, or ...