< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What's the difference?  (Read 866 times)

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
What's the difference?
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:42:32 AM »
Been reading posts whining about 'Republicans' selling out and such.  This has inspired me to stir the pot and possibly get some neurons firing in unfamiliar patterns this morning.

What is any meaningful difference between the Republicans and Democrats? ???

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
Re: What's the difference?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
Another good question... Any liberals/ democrats on here? I never hear about our democrat brethren pressing their representatives to protect the Constitution.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 08:52:45 AM »
Been reading posts whining about 'Republicans' selling out and such.  This has inspired me to stir the pot and possibly get some neurons firing in unfamiliar patterns this morning.

What is any meaningful difference between the Republicans and Democrats? ???

Are you referring to the politicians or the general public?

Very simplified version(IMHO):

Most Republican politicians are anti-gay marriage, anti-abortion, for a strong military and against legalizing marijuana . That would be the "big 4" in my book.

Most Democrats are of opposite thinking.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 09:07:31 AM »
Most Republican politicians are anti-gay marriage, anti-abortion, for a strong military and against legalizing marijuana .

What do I WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam all have in common?  They started under Democratic presidents.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
Hmmm...

I've rambled on and on here a few times about red and blue aren't red and blue but they're all just purple (a Romney thread comes to mind, as does a Paul thread).  I will NOT get started again :P
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:18:42 PM »
<Flak Jacket On>Well I have had people tell me I should call myself a "Progressive" which gives me shivers up and down my spine due to the "better/smarter than you" attitude these self proclaimed individuals exude.  I believe I have more leanings towards being a constitutionalist, though sometimes I stray. 

The Constitution and Bill of Rights (with obvious emphasis on the 2nd) is an incredible document with fundamental concepts that have timeless truths.  What is sad is that many on the Progressive side would consider it a document written by men who's ideas are outdated today.

There is much superfluous debate in politics on subjects that, IMHO, have absolutely NO bearing on the wellbeing of this country.  I consider them distractions to the real issues, like shiny objects to a Magpie.  I believe the political machine wants us caught up in these side-show issues so that the politicians are not held accountable for their shenanigans. 

Conservative fiscal policy, limited government, holding our representatives accountable, etc. are where our focus as a nation should be, IMHO.  I'm an equal opportunity complainer.  Both parties are at fault for the fiscal mess we are in and each of them just wants to point fingers while the citizens foot the bill, suffer the consequences.<Flak Jacket Off>

That's all I have to say about that.
Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum