< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: TWO EXPLOSIONS - Boston Marathon  (Read 3616 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: TWO EXPLOSIONS - Boston Marathon
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 08:03:41 AM »
If you think 9/11 caused intrusions into our freedoms, wait till we get a year or two past this.   HS just spent 4 billion dollars on a new headquarters building, and I am sure conference rooms are all a buzz with talk on how they can use this event to tighten the screws on our liberties.   

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 08:25:58 AM »
If you think 9/11 caused intrusions into our freedoms, wait till we get a year or two past this.   HS just spent 4 billion dollars on a new headquarters building, and I am sure conference rooms are all a buzz with talk on how they can use this event to tighten the screws on our liberties.

I don't think it will take nearly that long...  :(
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 09:29:21 AM »
Extensive news report from Daily Mail - London with numerous photos and links embedded...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2309545/Boston-Marathon-bombings-death-toll-Martin-Richard-8-named-1-3-victims-152-injured.html
Those photos are frightening and maddening.

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 10:23:15 AM »
This image shows the blast scene of the first explosion from above.  You can see the dark spot where the bomb went off.
It is between the elliptical blood splatter on the walk and the streak of white material against the building.

I've seen bomb residue similar to the white stuff before.   When a Zinc and Sulfur mixture is ignited, and it takes only
a small electrical wire glowing red hot from a battery short circuit to set it off, a large amount of cloudy white Zinc Sulfide
powder is created.  Most will rise into the air, but sometimes the explosion will blow some of the unburned mixture out
against objects.

In another case Tannerite that has too much Aluminum dust can cause the dust to discolor surrounding objects in the same way.
Tannerite explosions usually have an orange tint to the cloud.   Also, Potassium Nitrate and Aluminum powder create what is
called "flash powder".   It can be used as a primary explosive, set off by a .22, to trigger Tannerite.   But it, too, can be used
as the explosive charge and if the perp over did the Aluminum the amount of cloud and white dust covering objects will
be greater.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/15/article-2309563-19505F4D000005DC-61_634x388.jpg

The "white stuff" against the building, is glass.  Shown here:

Warning: Graphic
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/16/article-2309545-1950CDAB000005DC-672_964x494.jpg
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:27:18 AM by Neeco »

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »
Looking at the graphic pictures which I won't link but I'm sure you can find if ya do a cursory dig....

How do these acts instill fear ?

This instills nothing but pure seething rage.

At least, that's what comes out of me.... but maybe I'm a weird one that runs towards an accident/explosion/etc.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »
Looking at the graphic pictures which I won't link but I'm sure you can find if ya do a cursory dig....

At least, that's what comes out of me.... but maybe I'm a weird one that runs towards an accident/explosion/etc.

Same here Unfy.  The graphic images don't make me scared, if anything it makes me wish I could do more to help.  I have seen some stuff in my life, but the pic with the guy in a wheelchair with his lower arteries and bone exposed, sure conjured up the need for a pike with some whacko's head perched on it.

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »
A good pic the same blasts epicenter.  Two EOD's scoping, one in a green suit by the corner of the post.  Seems like the spot to me. 

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 03:51:23 PM »
The "white stuff" against the building, is glass.  Shown here:

Ya,  I saw that after I posted.  From the photo taken above above it looked like Zinc Sulfide powder or perhaps Aluminum oxide.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 03:54:47 PM »

and tears of sorrow for those who lost their lives or were severely injured.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 10:19:30 PM »
Getting fed up with the coverage already.  So many contradictions coming out over what we know and what we knew.  Granted its a confusing situation but the contradictions are coming from "official sources" who should know better than to spread unsubstantiated "facts".  Guilliani says on TV that it's normal for FBI investigators to spread disinformation when chasing a lead.  Seems like the perfect way to get panic and conspiracy rumors going.

Janet Napolitano says she sees no evidence of this being a coordinated attack.  So..it was simply two random explosive devices that coincidentally happened to go off within seconds and 100yds of each other?  I would suggest the next bomber plant his device in her butt as it is clear she could not find her own ass with 2 hands and a clue. 

Obama can't bring himself to call this terrorism until after the Saudi national is cleared and released by FBI investigators.  Now the push is to keep words like "homegrown" and "homemade" at the front of the news.  Just feels like we're getting routed back into the Admins narrative of "The only we thing we have to fear is each other" and "Obama is the only one who can bring us in line with the rest of the peace-loving world."  I sorrow for the victims and commend the reactions of the first-responders and medical personnel, but the "handling" of the investigation has done absolutely nothing for my peace of mind.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 12:40:10 AM »
Ya,  I saw that after I posted.  From the photo taken above above it looked like Zinc Sulfide powder or perhaps Aluminum oxide.

Safety glass breaks up in small pieces, so if someone falls into a sheet of large glass, it explodes into small chunks, and does not cut them in half.   It has a sand appearance in the photographs, but it is small pieces of safety glass from the windows in the photograph.   The windows are insulated, meaning there are two or three separate windows in each window opening.  A vacuum or seal is between each window to make the window more resistant to letting in temperature changes.   One window shows one pane of glass did not break, but the outer window did.   

If safety glass is laminated, it will retain its position in the window frame, as in a windshield of a car.  This type of safety glass is often not tempered, and is two close layers of glass with a sandwich of clear plastic between them, to give the windshield strength.    Tempered glass is stronger than regular glass, but when it breaks, it shatters, almost with a boom, all letting go in a dramatic effect.  Most side and back glass in cars is tempered safety glass.  Most storefronts if they are safety glass, are tempered.  Tempered glass is less expensive than laminated safety glass.  Most building codes, require safety glass, if there is a chance a person could fall through the glass, as in low windows, or glass storefront doors.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:55:16 AM by Gary »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »
Safety glass breaks up in small pieces

Yup, my Tannerite or Zinc&Sulfur theories are totally wrong.  The FBI claims that the bombs used ordinary gun powder. 

Here is a one metric ton explosion of gun powder.
1 metric ton of gunpowder (1000 kg, or 2204 pounds) stored in wooden 36 barrels) used to blow a building (a replica of the 1605 Westminster 'House of Parliament') to smithereens.

There are other examples of massive gun powder explosions:
http://www.standingwellback.com/home/2012/1/31/explosion-kills-3000-people-and-another-4000.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:57:51 AM by GreyGeek »

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 09:56:18 AM »
The FBI claims that the bombs used ordinary gun powder.

I was afraid of that

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 10:04:39 AM »
I've avoided media coverage after the first couple hours.  Have learned to hate the American press after such an event.... or even small scale things.  Front page rumor/b.s., page 86 retraction. Yeah, **** you assholes.  Or outright fake things.  Basically only check headlines every so often to see if anyone's claimed responsibility etc.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »
From Salon magazine "I still hope the bomber is a white American".

The editorial goes on to say how it will hurt the liberal agenda if it is not.

An intersting post on BamaCarry yesterday claiming that in a few days they will announce a suspect. He will be described as a conservative white twenty something. When his house is searched they will find reloading supplies and gunpowder which will start the call to ban gunpowder for reloading. The post was from someone that claims to be in security, but would not say in what level, public or private.

Most members including me said BS, but now I am beginning to wonder.

If the explosion was gunpowder, it would have been black powder and not smokeless. Too much smoke. If it was gunpowder sweeping the area with dogs should produce a trail back to the source.  Unless they do not really want to find the actual perp, and need time to set up a patsy. I no longer believe anything our government says, which is really sad.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:10:10 PM by DangerousDrummer »

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
We sho

We should never call these "terrorist attacks", but call them what they are COWARD ATTACKS ON WOMEN AND CHILDREN! They are sissys afraid to meet man to man.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 12:53:56 PM »
From Salon magazine "I still hope the bomber is a white American".

The sheer amount of spin and b.s. other stuff in that article made it nigh impossible to read.  Tin foil hat from the other side of the fence, it was just wow.

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
The sheer amount of spin and b.s. other stuff in that article made it nigh impossible to read.  Tin foil hat from the other side of the fence, it was just wow.

An arrest has been made! (1:08 PM)

Law enforcement source tells FoxNews.com that an arrest has been made in the deadly bombing at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

Wait, no arrests have been made...(1:53 PM)

Boston Police say no arrest made in Boston Marathon bombing as news organizations site conflicting sourced reports that an arrest was made. Stay with Fox News and FoxNews.com for the latest on this breaking news story.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/17/fbi-boston-police-say-range-suspects-motives-remains-wide-open/

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 04:50:06 PM »
An arrest has been made! (1:08 PM)

Law enforcement source tells FoxNews.com that an arrest has been made in the deadly bombing at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

Wait, no arrests have been made...(1:53 PM)

Boston Police say no arrest made in Boston Marathon bombing as news organizations site conflicting sourced reports that an arrest was made. Stay with Fox News and FoxNews.com for the latest on this breaking news story.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/17/fbi-boston-police-say-range-suspects-motives-remains-wide-open/

It is suspected that an arrest was made, but if it was not a white male american, it would possibly affect the senat vote on gun control. The briefing was "postponed". Likely until after Obama finishes his press conference blaming conservative Senators for not passing the anti-gun bill as Hairy Reed so bluntly put it.