< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: TWO EXPLOSIONS - Boston Marathon  (Read 3623 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: TWO EXPLOSIONS - Boston Marathon
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
I no longer believe anything our government says, which is really sad.

It is sad, but you are not alone  in that evaluation.

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 09:12:16 PM »
Count me in too...and that's a pretty hard 180 degree swing for me. I've always assumed that our elected officials are the best of the best all of humanity has to offer. I realize there's always been a rotten apple here and there, but that I can understand. Human greed is something we all have to contend with every day and some politicians have the power and authority to consume as much as they want. That I can understand, not accept of course, but understand.

What I can't understand...and I mean what leaves me totally bewildered is the continual deceit, lies, misinformation (intentional and not intentional), uneducated statements and misleading "facts". The obvious examples are DeGette's reply on high capacity magazines and Biden's suggestion that we all violate common sense safety practices and actual law with our double barrel shotguns. Recently, I became very annoyed by Obama's continual reference to "90% of American's are for gun control". Well yes, of course we are. But, he took that number (though likely made up) and twisted it to the unknowing public that we meant we wanted "more" gun control. And then I heard him make the statement that us pro-gun folks were continually pulling political stunts to promote our cause...and that very night he flies the Sandy Hook families to Washington aboard Air Force One. Of course I have not seen, heard or read every statement made in the last several months, but I feel that the pro-gun people have spoken well, presented and stuck to facts and essentially stayed on topic...never straying to insult the anti gun supporters. And I have yet to see an anti gun supporter state a single, believable supported fact...and have often seen them resort to snide remarks and outright insults about any and all gun owners.

To top it all off, we have some very weird things going on with immigration/amnesty, fiscal cliffs, budget crisis, sequester, martial law, foreign aid, troop movements, DHS build ups, etc, etc. Most of these events have all shown up in the headlines in recent months. In all of the financial crisis situations, it seemed to come down to the last hours before we all plunged into a deep, insurmountable recession. So, this all just snuck up and surprised everyone? We didn't know a year ago that we'd have to have a budget in place by a certain time frame? I mean, seriously, these are the guys who make the policies, who say this has to be done and by a certain time...but yet they didn't get it done? I still feel very much that many of these "last hour crisis" were simply ploys to keep the population scared and unsettled. If we're scared, we'll follow. If we're confident, we'll, we're likely going to speak out.

At one time, I'd argue with anyone who attempted to bash the President of the United States. Like him or not, agree with their decisions or not, they at least deserved respect due to the office they hold. But, I realized today, I have zero respect for Mr. Obama. Though he may currently hold the office, he does not represent it in any way shape or form that it is intended. And it trickles down from there.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 06:44:01 PM »
I became very annoyed by Obama's continual reference to "90% of American's are for gun control". Well yes, of course we are. But, he took that number (though likely made up) and twisted it to the unknowing public that we meant we wanted "more" gun control. And then I heard him make the statement that us pro-gun folks were continually pulling political stunts to promote our cause.

In the following post I show where that "90%" came from and what the backrounds of the people who published it are.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/107839599438746451936/posts/iugEYj78WEP

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 06:54:10 PM »
Your article is very well written and very informative GG. Thank you for sharing it :)