< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pro gun/Constitution law proposed... NOT in Nebraska :(  (Read 1078 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Pro gun/Constitution law proposed... NOT in Nebraska :(
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:36:30 PM »
This is what gets introduced when Pro gun/Constitution Representatives are elected.  Sadly, it seems we have very few here in Nebraska.

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/04/missouri-act-now-to-help-nullify-federal-gun-control/

BILL INFORMATION

HB436, the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act, might be the most appropriately named bill anywhere.  It proposes to do just what’s in the title, and would nullify virtually all federal gun control measures on the books – “past, present, or future.”  It reads, in part:

All federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.

(2) Such federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations include, but are not limited to:

(a) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1934;

(b) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968;

(c) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(d) Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(e) Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(f) Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of any type of firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition by law-abiding citizens; and

(g) Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens.

There is no stronger protection for the right to keep and bear arms anywhere in the country – if passed into law.  Currently that title goes to Kansas, where an almost-as-strong bill is sitting on Governor Brownback’s desk awaiting signature or veto.

A companion bill, SB325 introduced by State Senator Brian Nieves, has already passed the General laws committee in the Senate and will go through a similar process there.  Moving both bills simultaneously is an excellent strategy towards passage into law as it will help fast track the measures to the Governor’s desk with enough time on the calendar to override his veto.  Inside sources say if the committees move the bills forward, a veto-proof majority is attainable with strong grassroots support.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Pro gun/Constitution law proposed... NOT in Nebraska :(
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 02:17:49 PM »
"That's why all you crackahs need to move to Missouri where you fear can be assuaged." - The Cobra

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »
If that passes... I'm sorry guys, I'll be leaving the NFOA and will make Missouri my new home.  :D

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
If that passes... I'm sorry guys, I'll be leaving the NFOA and will make Missouri my new home.  :D

I will be right beside you.  Better lakes also!  My sailboat would like that!

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 07:45:59 PM »
The same state that gave CCW lists to the Feds?    :-\

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 08:50:06 AM »
Kansas also just passed and had signed by the Governor a Second Amendment protection bill.  It was a combo of the two bills we had proposed here, we know how that went....

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 09:24:19 AM »
Problem is we have.......Uncle Ernie  :o
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 01:46:13 PM »
Kansas' laws signed into effect:

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14/measures/documents/sb102_enrolled.pdf

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14/measures/documents/hb2052_enrolled.pdf

Concerning SB102, I love this clarification (bold emphasis mine):

(c) The second amendment to the constitution of the United States reserves to the people, individually, the right to keep and bear arms as that right was understood at the time that Kansas was admitted to statehood in 1861, and the guaranty of that right is a matter of contract between the state and people of Kansas and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Kansas in 1859 and the United States in 1861

edit: oops, had the hb2052 link wrong, fixed.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D