< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Petition to Ban Pressure Cookers  (Read 952 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Petition to Ban Pressure Cookers
« on: April 28, 2013, 09:07:01 PM »
With Your Help,  We Can Get It Done!!!!!

At least, we can keep the pressure below 14.7 psi, which is sort of a vacuum kinda thing.

You are invited to help write the petition.
I'll start:  Dear Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer............

"Pressure cookers are very dangerous............"

[OK--Your Turn!]

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Petition to Ban Pressure Cookers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »
They are a threat to children everywhere, and common sense controls are needed NOW!

(next)
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 11:08:08 PM »
Nobody besides active-duty military needs to use pressure cookers...
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 07:28:50 AM »
Man, it looks like the main stream media is getting into everyone's heads again. There is absolutely no reason or logic to ban pressure cookers. Well, not your typical, everyday home use style pressure cookers anyway. We need to define the differences between a pressure cooker for home use and those that can be listed as assault style pressure cookers. If they have a handle, or quick release lid lock, yeah, those should be banned!

;D

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »
Special attention will have to be given to close the 'garage sale loophole' where anyone can purchase one without a background check.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 08:24:24 AM »
My sister in law decided to go from aluminum to stainless steel and ordered a new pressure c from amazon   It arrived at her door, the day of the bombings.   That was kind of a coincidence.   

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »
Cast Iron pressure cookers with an outside pineapple pattern should definitely require a Special Form 4473 to purchase.

Gary:  Pleeeeeeeeeeze do not communicate with that sister-in-law in any kind of recordable form.   She's on the Watch List now, no doubt.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »
If we can save even one life, it will be worth it.

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline monkeyboy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »
Nobody needs anything over a 4QT pressure cooker to cook a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrr!!!

Offline Hondo

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
I always use a 12 Qt. pressure cooker to cook my deer........sure I could get by with something smaller or 'safer'.......but it's still a free country.......right ?????

Offline just_me_mongo

• Powder Benefactor
  • "Shall NOT be infringed"
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
***EHEM.

I think that this peitition must include an additional bill that bans the sale of Cutlery.  Yes I said it, CUTLERY.

Only butchers & cooks need cutlery.  Common sense cutlery will include the plastic knife & fork kit...  which will require a class 5-2-4.4.9.8.1 license.  Remember, plastic can be sharpened into a point.

"One of the ordinary modes by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms." - Joseph Story

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »
Is this thread all about blowing off a little steam?

I guess a little humor about rights is natural after we all fought, tooth and nail, to keep our guns and gun rights over the past weeks and months, however, seeing the loss of life and limb as a result of the actions of a few punks with bad ideas and American freedoms, makes me not want to get out the party favors just yet.  Still a lot of unanswered questions about all that happened in Boston.  House to house searches, people driven from homes, no warrants, boat guy was riddled with bullets, in what appears to be a possible effort to shut him up.  No gun or bomb material on his boat hideaway.  Bomb sniffing dogs, robots, technology in helicopters, all would tell authorities he was unarmed.   Lots of questions. 

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »
I do know one thing for sure.

If we are going to pass a pressure cooker bill we will have to pass it so you can see what is in it.

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »
We need to make sure pressure cooker users aren't on any psychotropic drugs.

We also need to fund a $1.5T campaign on pressure cooker awareness, warning signs, and safety.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 08:49:38 PM »
Looking at the charges filed, you could say a pressure cooker could be called a "weapon
of mass destruction ". Something the lame stream media said wasn't found in Iraq.
Maybe they should of looked in the kitchen.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »
Would the suggestion of a pressure-cooker buy-back program be helpful?  No questions will be asked of course.. ::)