< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: A "mob" of 40 LEOs invade FPSRussia home  (Read 527 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
A "mob" of 40 LEOs invade FPSRussia home
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:36:02 PM »
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2013-03-27/atf-agents-lead-search-explosives-carnesville-home
No arrests were made, nor did Coes know if any explosives were seized.

Coes is the ATF spokesman.

Myers “was known to use explosives and I don’t know if it was done with malicious intent,” Coes said, adding that Myers was blowing up cars, refrigerators and other items for entertainment purposes.

A person is required to obtain a federal explosives manufacturing license if they intend to engage in the business of manufacturing explosives for sale, distribution or for their own business, Coes said.

The ATF believed that Myers was violating this law.

Someone in the comments section  claimed that Kyle Myers, the host of FPSRussia, makes $3,000 per video  because of the number of views his videos receive.   I don't know if that is true but some of his videos are getting more than 30 million views.  Most get less than 1/10th  that, so I doubt he makes that much from each video.  And,  having watched a few of his videos, it seems to me that the cost of the ammo he uses in each video exceeds $3,000, especially those where he shoots the minigun, the 40mm machine gun, and sets off lots of Tannerite.

IF the ATF claim was that his use of Tannerite on videos a year ago violated the law because he gets money from Google based on views then they should be arresting people at Google as well if they  actually end up arresting Myers.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: A "mob" of 40 LEOs invade FPSRussia home
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »
The administration is now in full harassment of legal gun owners mode.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: A "mob" of 40 LEOs invade FPSRussia home
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »
Over the years, I've seen a few FPSRussia videos on youtube.

Sadly, they're... lacking and annoying... but given the name and such... it fits the 'gamer gun crowd' stuff.

Reading the article - harassment for sure.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D