< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Background check failed the Senate.  (Read 2663 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Background check failed the Senate.
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »
I am still bewildered how us everday citizens have had to fight to protect our Constitution from our very own Government.

Like I said at the 2A rally a few months  ago, in my entire life (72yrs) I NEVER thought I would have to stand up and defend the Constitution.  It just goes to show how deeply the LSM has embedded themselves into our schools, entertainment, news media and all three branches of government.  There are SO MANY office  holders who lied when they raised  their right hand and took their oath of office.  Hopefully, some day, there will be an accounting.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 09:28:54 AM »
Sen. Johanns sent out an email saying that he cosponsored this bill, in order to supposedly protect the 2nd Amendment.  I sent him the following email:

I read your email about protecting the 2nd Amendment.  I'm glad the bill failed, and you should not have cosponsored it, or supported it.  I hope you avoid doing that sort of thing in any future attempt at gun control, because that bill was nothing more than kowtowing before the altar of gun control; you just didn't appear to bow quite as low as the liberal cult originally commanded you to bow. 

Anti-gun bigots have a history of using sleazy tactics like bait and switch.  Any gun control law that Obama would sign will be bad for freedom, or he wouldn't sign it.  And that includes this one.

There is already too much gun control, not too little, and loyal Americans in both houses of Congress should be addressing that problem, not adding to it. 

Any Senator who is serious about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals should be doing everything in his power to keep the Fast and Furious investigation on a front burner, which includes stopping the cover-up and prosecuting Eric Holder for the crimes he committed.  Allowing these crimes to go unpunished while further restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens is nothing but kowtowing to the liars of the liberal press.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:30:56 AM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 09:39:23 AM »
I can assure you Johanna is not concerned as he is no longer running for reelection.  For some history he is a "converted' Democrat so expect nothing less.....

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 09:40:44 AM »
Nice letter depserv.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 10:14:03 AM »
Sen. Johanns sent out an email saying that he cosponsored this bill, in order to supposedly protect the 2nd Amendment.  I sent him the following email:

depserv, nice letter but it is a little misplaced, Johanns cosponsored another bill that deals with mental health and criminals, not the background check bill. 

This is the problem with so many bills and letters coming from so many different places and they all are saying things about protecting your Second Amendment rights, we just get confused because they are all so similar in numbering as well as what people say about them.