Ammunition & Hand Loading > Cartridge and Shotshell reloading

9mm handloads......

(1/3) > >>

JimP:
I am going to start handloading 9mm, because I have more time than money............. What's everybody's pet load using 115g bullets?

Chris Z:
If you ever have a chance to pick up some 147 grain bullets they are much softer shooting.

I used to shoot 115 grain in my competition loads, but I was frustrated by how slow the reactive steel targets fell. I tried a 147 grain load, and not only did the steel fall much quicker, the loads shoot a whole lot softer!

I load 3.7 grains of Winchester Super Field powder.

1.10" OAL

Either a Rainier Plated Hollow point or a Zero Jacketed Hollow Point

Administrator:

--- Quote from: cmzneb on January 11, 2008, 07:15:32 AM ---If you ever have a chance to pick up some 147 grain bullets they are much softer shooting.

I used to shoot 115 grain in my competition loads, but I was frustrated by how slow the reactive steel targets fell. I tried a 147 grain load, and not only did the steel fall much quicker, the loads shoot a whole lot softer!

I load 3.7 grains of Winchester Super Field powder.

1.10" OAL

Either a Rainier Plated Hollow point or a Zero Jacketed Hollow Point

--- End quote ---

+1

When I was on my 9mm kick, I loaded nothing but 147 grain bullets with Unique powder. Sorry...don't have the load data at the moment.

JimP:
Well, cheap being the important factor, and 115g jacketed being what I have to work with............

Ram Ringer:
I reload for the 9mm for practicing. I use 5 grains of W231 behind a winchester or remington bulk bullet either jhp, or fmj 115 gr. I haven't shot long distance with it but at 7 yards it works great in my S&W sigma.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version