< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Boston Erupts Overnight  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: Boston Erupts Overnight
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »
Errr...yeah, but it is Glenn Beck.  I would disagree with labeling what he does "journalism".

Fly

Maybe throw the baby out with the bath water on Alex Jones stuff (maybe, but don't discount anything till you think it through yourself), but Beck is a little closer to center. 

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »
Maybe throw the baby out with the bath water on Alex Jones stuff (maybe, but don't discount anything till you think it through yourself), but Beck is a little closer to center. 
I am not so much discounting his message, so much as I am the way he delivers it.  Too much melodrama, exaggerations and corny delivery for me. 

I will never forget the time he made a statement about Whoopie Goldberg's activities.  He was invited on "The View" and was confronted by Whoopie.  Glenn had zero, zip, zilch to say in defense of his apparently false statements about Whoopie.  It was after this that I questioned the validity of his information.  NOTE: I am not a Whoopie lover.  I just want the facts without the emotional rhetoric.  That allows me to make my own decision, just as you suggested.

Along those lines, I DO think for my self as evidenced by the fact that I believe both parties have serious flaws in their stance on national issues.  I guess you would say that I am an equal opportunity complainer.  ;D

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline jkjeep

• NFOA Full Member
  • The Constitution is not a negotiable document
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »
Here is a commentary by John Whitehead of the Rutherford Institute on the recent action in Boston. I posted the first part which makes some interesting points. JK

‘Boston Strong’: Marching in Lockstep with the Police State

By John W. Whitehead
April 22, 2013

“Of all the tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.”—C.S. Lewis

Caught up in the televised drama of a military-style manhunt for the suspects in the Boston Marathon explosion, most Americans fail to realize that the world around them has been suddenly and jarringly shifted off its axis, that axis being the U.S. Constitution.

For those like myself who have studied emerging police states, the sight of a city placed under martial law—its citizens under house arrest (officials used the Orwellian phrase “shelter in place” to describe the mandatory lockdown), military-style helicopters equipped with thermal imaging devices buzzing the skies, tanks and armored vehicles on the streets, and snipers perched on rooftops, while thousands of black-garbed police swarmed the streets and SWAT teams carried out house-to-house searches in search of two young and seemingly unlikely bombing suspects—leaves us in a growing state of unease.

Mind you, these are no longer warning signs of a steadily encroaching police state. The police state has arrived.

Equally unnerving is the ease with which Americans welcomed the city-wide lockdown, the routine invasion of their privacy, and the dismantling of every constitutional right intended to serve as a bulwark against government abuses. Watching it unfold, I couldn’t help but think of Nazi Field Marshal Hermann Goering’s remarks during the Nuremberg trials. As Goering noted:

It is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.

As the events in Boston have made clear, it does indeed work the same in every country. The same propaganda and police state tactics that worked for Adolf Hitler 80 years ago continue to be employed with great success in a post-9/11 America.

Whatever the threat to so-called security—whether it’s rumored weapons of mass destruction, school shootings, or alleged acts of terrorism—it doesn’t take much for the American people to march in lockstep with the government’s dictates, even if it means submitting to martial law, having their homes searched, and being stripped of one’s constitutional rights at a moment’s notice.

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 08:23:43 PM »
We no longer declare martial law, just like we no longer declare wars.  We just do it, undeclaired.  Anyone that thinks 5 million people were not under martial law, controlled by the Kenyan police force, DHS had better look through posted you tube videos of the event.

As long as no one upsets the apple cart, having 60 plus federal police agencies in the USA is only a drag on the taxes.  However, when two punks with home made pipe bombs kill and hurt people at a sporting event, 5 million people get locked up, threatened with arrest, or worse.   Is this a good thing?  The feds did not find the last guy, he was found by a guy that wanted a smoke break, and raced outside once the martial law was relaxed.  The guy hiding in his boat for 16 hours, would have been found 12 hours earlier, had the guy been allowed outside to smoke.   How many millions of dollars were spent, how many rights were violated, in those extra 12 hours, the bunker cops used to go house to house?

If this is the response from two guys with nails, two pressure cookers, and some gun powder, what would the DHS response to a regional, or national emergency?  A complete martial law would be no cell phones, emails, landlines, rolling blackouts of electricity, roadblocks, checkpoints, food rationing, and the one voice we will hear on the radio, will be the Kenyan instructing us what to do.

Every family, every neighborhood needs a emergency plan, for the next time we get close to the finish line.

God help us.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:26:09 PM by Gary »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
The full opinion piece is here:
https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/boston_strong_marching_in_lockstep_with_the_police_state

John Whitehead is a Constitutional Lawyer who has appeared before the SCOTUS several times, dealing mainly with erosion of the 1st Amendment experienced by people of Faith.