< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: REAL Tactical Training---My Ops Are Blacker Than Your Ops Seminar, May 25th  (Read 10650 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Ready for some Real Tactical Training(™)?

Are you Operator Enough(™) to operate effectively?

Then you should attend the "My Ops Are Blacker Than Your Ops" seminar on May 25th.
http://precisionresponse.4t.com/Schedule.html

(There may be a bit of levity here and there.  Just saying'.)

Haven't done any competition shooting?  No problem!  There will be none of that "sport shooting B.S." here!

"Lost" your unit patch from when you were a Black Ops Special Forces Recon SEAL Tactical Delta ELITE OPERATOR?  That's okay---we KNOW you can't tell us what you REALLY did when you were in the military.  (And we won't ask, because we don't want you to kill us.)

Want to run some useful drills and take some stress shooting tests and match yourself against other SERIOUS OPERATORS(™)?  (You know, like SeanN who'd better sign up for this?)

My Ops Are Blacker Than Your Ops
Cost: $30

Details:

The MOABTYO seminar will run from 9am on May 25th until we get done, which will be around 3-3.5 hours later.  Ish. 

Basic format is introduction, safety briefing, then a series of drills and tests.  We'll discuss some technique choices, run a skill drill set, then have a competitive test over that particular skill.  Plan on working on 8 or so skill sets over the time we have. 

Even though there are competitive tests in this seminar, they aren't like any of that "sport shooting B.S."!  We are competing just like SOCOM units do, among their elite operators. 

Seriously.  Exactly like they do.  (The fact that it completely resembles competition shooting is totally in your head.)

Now, important point:  We WILL be tracking points for test finishes throughout the entire seminar.  And we will have an award for the TOP OPERATOR of the seminar.  So, there you go.  (Also exactly like top elite specials forces do informally.  Seriously.)

Note:  This a Covert Ops Tactical Event.  So---no full battle rattle, instead full Covert Tactical Tuxedos should be worn.

Items Necessary:

• Handgun and Holster combination.  Certainly can be CCW, does not need to be (standard belt holster is fine), feel free to wear a thigh rig with level III retention.  NO COMPETITION RIGS, NO RACE HOLSTERS, NO .22 PISTOLS.  (Strongly suggest a full-size duty pistol, feel free to attempt to be tactical with a J-frame if you like.  Laughter may ensue.)
  • The ability to carry one spare mag pouch and access the magazine in it.  (If you think pocket carry works for you, feel free to try it.  You may learn something.)
  • 250-300 rounds.  We probably won't use all of it (you won't miss that much, will you?)
  • Eye and Ear Protection, because deaf Operators are stupid.
  • The ability to safely draw, reload, and move while handling a firearm while stressed.
  • 50 rounds of .22 ammo.  (The gun will be supplied for you.)
  • Bring two 5-dollar bills and 10 1-dollar bills.  These will not be paid or given to the instructor in any way.  Matter of fact, you might not only end up keeping them, but collecting similar objects from other people at the seminar.  We did say we were going to stress you here, right?  (This is separate from the seminar fee.  The $30 seminar fee is for time and materials, and that DOES go to the instructor.)

Final Notes:
Bonus points counting toward the total will be given to Real Operators who are wearing full Covert Ops gear.  The full Tactical Tuxedo of tac pants, tac shirts (that don't look tactical, since this is covert), good boots, tac knife, holster that keeps your handgun secure during combat rolls, etc...

You know what I mean.   You've seen the type.  When we take a group photo, we should be The Most Tacticool People On The Planet.

Register for the My Ops Are Blacker Than Your Ops Seminar!

We are going to have a lot of fun.  And maybe, just maybe, learn a thing or two about defensive shooting.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Not sure if serious....

Is a camelback, elbow pads, and and nothing else considered covertly tactical enough? Obviously I would have a 44 magnum duct taped to my taint, and a kbar hidden in my tactical Afro. Obviously.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Your course and subsequent post could be perceived as offensive and insensitive to those wannabes out there....and I like that.....
Alas, could one still participate if they don't own a 5.11 Tactical/Photographer vest?

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
I approve. I may even dig out my air soft vest and titanium cup.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
So, you've arranged for some stealth Blackhawks to drop people into hostile territory (Iowa, perhaps) under cover of darkness? Do we get to pop a couple hog farmers and confiscate their pressure cookers? :D

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
I am told, completely on the down-low, that you are even more believable if you have the tactical fishing vest... i.e. the "shoot me first" vest for this class.  I'll be out of town for this, so he's pulling out all the stops for this class.  Good luck everyone.... I'm actually worried about this one.  ;)

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
Is there such a thing as "couch  tactical"? If so, count me in!  ;D

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
Not sure if serious....

No, I'm serious.  I'm holding this seminar, and indeed it will have the attitude that you can already guess.  That being said, we are going to be doing some useful and serious shooting.  Well, mostly.  There may be a little ridiculous shooting for pure bragging rights.

Is a camelback, elbow pads, and and nothing else considered covertly tactical enough? Obviously I would have a 44 magnum duct taped to my taint, and a kbar hidden in my tactical Afro. Obviously.

Quite frankly, I don't want a naked person with a camelback and elbow pads in the class.  Sorry.  No.

Eew.

"Covert" Tactical---think of the guy wearing 5.11 pants, shirt, and cap, with wrap-around sunglasses, combat boots (name-brand, though), and the requisite IDPA shoot-me-first vest---who is CERTAIN that no one can figure out that he CCWs.

THERE'S "covert tactical."

Won't need knee or elbow pads.  Feel free to bring a camelback, but you won't need to wear it.  :)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
Your course and subsequent post could be perceived as offensive and insensitive to those wannabes out there....and I like that.....
Alas, could one still participate if they don't own a 5.11 Tactical/Photographer vest?

Obviously, sir, you are NOT a Real Operator(tm). 

You MUST be taught. 

Take this seminar, and you, too, can learn to be Operator Enough(tm) for true covert tacticoolness.  Enough such that you don't even NEED a shoot-me-first vest!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
I approve. I may even dig out my air soft vest and titanium cup.

Now THAT'S the spirit! 

...nerd.  :)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
So, you've arranged for some stealth Blackhawks to drop people into hostile territory (Iowa, perhaps) under cover of darkness? Do we get to pop a couple hog farmers and confiscate their pressure cookers? :D

Are you kidding?!  Real Operators(tm) don't need wimpy mechanical support.  They infiltrate on foot, on their own!

(Iowa can be hostile, I'll admit.)

In this case, our AO will be a bit smaller in scope.  But don't worry---you'll have PLENTY to keep you occupied.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
Is there such a thing as "couch  tactical"? If so, count me in!  ;D

As long as you aren't this kid:

...then you are fine. 

If you ARE that kid----well.  Hm.  You know what?  You are already Too Much Operator for this seminar, and should find one more suited to your unique, obviously advanced talents.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
I will say this:  We actually ARE going to be doing a number of useful drills, and the tests really WILL tell you something about your own practice.

Well, most of them will.  A couple will be purely for true, full-on tacticool enjoyment.

We'll be having a Serious Tactical Time, of course---but I will note that we won't be there merely to blast off some rounds and make fun of wannabes.   

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Quite frankly, I don't want a naked person with a camelback and elbow pads in the class.  Sorry.  No.

Well then...

combat boots (name-brand, though)

Hey! Oakleys are comfortable dammit.

In all seriousness, I'll try to see what I can do about drumming up some ammo for this. I am running pretty low on 40S&W at the moment and most of it is allocated for courses I am taking this summer. What is the max capacity and last day to register on this uber cool tactical seminar?

Offline DangerousDrummer

• Forum Member
As long as you aren't this kid:

...then you are fine. 

If you ARE that kid----well.  Hm.  You know what?  You are already Too Much Operator for this seminar, and should find one more suited to your unique, obviously advanced talents.

My ops were learned from Psy videos via the Kim Jung Un School of High Heel Tactical Training.

Seriously, I think the drive to Ne from Al is not a good tactical move at this time, so I will  have to keep practicing long distance shooting so I can shoot them in the eye before they ever get close enough to require tactical. It's my plan and I am sticking to it!

But if I were younger, it does sound like my kind of entertainment. After all,  if it's loud it's good. Rock and Roll, Nascar and Guns.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Couch tactical ...

No helos?  I'm out. :D

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
Now THAT'S the spirit! 

...nerd.  :)

I caught that sneaky edit...

Offline Tacticoolio

• Living the dream!
  • NFOA Full Member
What's the end time for the class? 

And if I spray paint the words "Blackhawk" and "5.11 Tactical" somewhere on my gear (in tactical flat black paint, of course) will I be able to shoot in the black-out division with the other tacticools?
You are your own first responder.
Argumentum ad ignorantiam.

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
wait, it has to be black? i'm out, my gear is coyote...

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
...holster that keeps your handgun secure during combat rolls, etc...

Man! I have been waiting for someone to teach me this.  So glad someone is finally offering a course for these skillz.  I will have to see if I can find my black ops underwear and cup, which are all black of course.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum