< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: REAL Tactical Training---My Ops Are Blacker Than Your Ops Seminar, May 25th  (Read 10648 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Yikes Stripes Darnit What the Heck Friggin' Hooey
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 07:53:58 AM »
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Lorimor, you've got a lot of free time. 

:)

...so YOU should take this seminar.  And become MORE TACTICAL!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
I know NOTHING of what he's doing for this .... this is ALL HIS FAULT!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
Just to let folks know:  this seminar is for COVERT tactical types. 

COVERT.

If this one goes over well, we'll have a Blacker Ops 2.0 seminar that includes rifle AND pistol, and is FULL TACTICAL, and folks who look like the picture below will get extra credit, because they are obviously COMPLETELY TACTICAL.

...but this first one is COVERT. 

Like this guy.  He isn't QUITE Fully Tactical, because those aren't combat boots and he isn't wearing a 5.11 hat, and worst of all he isn't wearing a concealment vest, so you can still see that he is not completely Tactically Ready--but he's got a good start.  (You know he's got a Tactical Knife in his off-side pocket.  You just know it.)

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
Awesome post, OP, funny stuff.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
Awesome post, OP, funny stuff.

Funny?  FUNNY?

We are COMPLETELY SERIOUS!

Are you Tactical Enough(tm)? Are you a Real Operator(tm)? 

Or are you one of those guys who just does the square-range, playing-games sport shooting BS?  The world is a 360 place, and if you don't know how to explode off the X in a dynamic critical incident, you are in a world of hurt, my friend.

My Ops Are Blacker Than Your Ops Seminar.

Be there.  Be TACTICAL.  Like THIS guy.  Skip the talking (who cares about talking?!) and go directly to 1:32 and revel in the incredible shooting skills.

(And we've got three spots left...)

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
If I don't get overtime that weekend, I'll sign up.  I'll know Tuesday.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member

I just watched this. Wow. What. The....

I don't even know how anyone can take this dude remotely seriously.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
Thought everyone would like that video.  TRUE TACTICAL!

[cough, hack]

Scary part?  He's not the only one doing that. 

He's got a point---people should learn to shoot from whatever position they are in.  However, he apparently is just parroting that from a competent person, because HE certainly can't do it.  And neither, apparently, can many of the other people who are "teaching" it.

You see that sort of thing all too often in the "tactical" world, unfortunately.    Someone who teaches "self-defense combatives" or "hand-to-hand defense with firearms" who doesn't actually have any knowledge besides a seminar they took once long ago that was for military or law enforcement, someone else who teaches knife/gun defenses because they watched a SouthNarc ECQC video and though "hey, I can do that stuff!"; there lots of people out there who teach plenty of things they just flat-out don't know---but they parrot JUST ENOUGH good concepts copied from someone else that people think that their techniques really ARE useful. 

When their techniques really suck.  (This happens in martial arts classes, too.)  They can spout the basic concept (though they normally can't explain it, and any questions about it tend to get non-responses like "if you've never had someone try to kill you, then you just won't understand") but they don't understand it, they can't apply it, and their techniques might look cool, but just won't work.

They are teaching stuff they don't know.  But that apparently doesn't stop them.

On the internet, lots of people are "experts" suddenly.  Apparently, in this day and age, being "TACTICAL!" often means that if you look/act tough enough, sprinkle lots of "critical dynamic incident" buzzwords, tell people that you play by "big boy rules" and really know what "happens on the street," that is enough to make you suddenly knowledgeable.

[sigh] 

On a separate note:  IF YOU WANT TO BE A TRUE OPERATOR(tm) YOU WILL TAKE THE BLACKER OPS SEMINAR!

You CAN'T be a True Operator(tm) without it.  Nothing else compares.  You'll be NOTHING without this seminar.  NOTHING, I tell you.  On the street, you will be DESTROYED without the knowledge that only THIS SEMINAR can give you.

My Ops Are Blacker Than Your Ops

Be there.  Register now (three spots left):

http://precisionresponse.4t.com/Schedule.html

(And maybe, just maybe, you'll learn something real about self-defense with a firearm.)

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
My little sister is being a wet noodle and is backing out. Someone PM me and take her spot!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
My little sister is being a wet noodle and is backing out. Someone PM me and take her spot!

Find the most tacticool person you know, who always talks about "what I'd do if that happened to me..."

You know, like the passenger here:

A couple of dudes were driving at 95 mph on the interstate in Texas when a Trooper pulled in behind them and turned on his lights. The driver pulled off to the side of the highway, the trooper approached the vehicle and with his nightstick proceeded to tap on the driver's side window...tap, tap, tap....the driver takes his time, but finally reaches over and pushes the button to lower the window, when all of a sudden the trooper started wailing on the driver with his nightstick yelling, " When a State Trooper approaches your vehicle you have your window down and your licenses, registration, and proof of insurance out ready to answer any and all questions....DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?...." the driver was was screaming and crying "Yes sir, yes sir....please stop beating me with that stick!" The trooper backed away and walked over to the horrified passenger side of the vehicle and tapped on his window. The passenger immediately lowered his window and the Trooper began wailing on him with his nightstick. The passenger began screaming, " Stop, Stop...what are you hitting me for...I wasn't driving.." The trooper stepped back and replied, "I'm making your wish come true." The passenger cried, "What? What do you mean you're making my wish come true?" The Trooper replied, " I know you are going to get about two miles down the road and you're going to look at your buddy and you're going to say, " I wish that son-of-a-***** had tried to hit ME with that stick!"

C'mon, you know someone like that.  The joke isn't funny---but you know someone who WOULD say that, don't you?

Tell them they need to attend the seminar to be MORE TACTICAL! 

I am completely certain that they'll learn something important. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
I keep thinking the video of that guy movin' and groovin' while shooting should really be set to some music.  Maybe "Billy Jean" by Michael Jackson.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Got some ammo. I'm in.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
Got some ammo. I'm in.

Got your registration, and sent you an informational email back.  :)

Everyone else---that means there are only two spots left!  (Assuming that Nick can either 1) talk his sister back into trying this---would it help to tell her that she won't be the only female there? or 2) find someone else to take her spot...)

The DAY is approaching...learn to be Real Tactical!  Stuff that will KEEP YOU ALIVE when someone is trying to kill you.

Actually, that really IS what we'll be doing.  Huh.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
Everyone should clamoring to take this seminar! 

I mean, have YOU used phrases like "dynamic critical incident," "inertial extraction" and "using our proprioception" when talking about efficient ways to drop the slide by kicking it lately?   No?  WHY NOT?!

After all, using that slide stop lever is obviously all fine motor skills, and that just won't work!  Instead, you should learn the Real Tactical way to drop the slide as you are moving to the side with one arm useless or otherwise occupied, by pointing the gun down and behind you and kicking it into battery.

Watch the absolutely Perfect Technique[tm] at 2:08---but you really should ALSO watch all the prior stuff so you can understand the full depth of this Tactical Operator Self-Defense technique. 

See how that is incredibly more useful, and obviously much more "gross motor skill" than using a finger to actuate a slide stop lever?

You should practice this.  It'll probably save your life some day.  (It would help if he could actually pronounce proprioception correctly, but Real Operators don't sweat proper English.)

And register for the Ops seminar---because YOU TOO can be a Real Operator.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
I've took a 1/2 day session with Pincus a few years ago at a conference.  The main thing you can say about him is that he IS the KING of self-promotion (and that is why Capitalism is great boys and girls).  Going from his lowly beginnings at Valhalla to working his way into having the NRA endorsement/promotion of his current "gig".  Simply brilliant...............
With regards to his training methods, I rather stand by my many posts of learning from guys who've "been there done that" e.g. Smith, Givens, Ayoob, etc.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
One week left until Real Operators learn even MORE about TRUE TACTICALNESS!

Or, you know, people actually work some drills under stress that really ARE self-defense skills.

Two spots left.  (Nick, you find someone to take that spot yet?)

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
One week left until Real Operators learn even MORE about TRUE TACTICALNESS!

Or, you know, people actually work some drills under stress that really ARE self-defense skills.

Two spots left.  (Nick, you find someone to take that spot yet?)

I haven't... My sister is such a fuddy dutty.

We need a few volunteers to step up and take my sister's spot, and the other two openings.

**Calling on Kozball to pick up my sister's spot**
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:41:48 PM by NENick »