< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Guns  (Read 749 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Biden: 'The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Guns

Vice President Biden told White House allies in the gun control fight Thursday that President Obama will be announcing new executive actions on gun violence in the days after the Senate voted down a gun violence bill.

More at: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-president-already-lining-some-additional-executive-actions-guns_718027.html

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
I sort of wondered if this may happen when I read the transcript from his speech and saw this comment:

Even without Congress, my administration will keep doing everything it can to protect more of our communities.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Article 1, Section 1

All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives

Article 3, Section 5

he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed,

Executive Orders are kinda iffy but an understandable thing to have.... so sure, I can take them as legal.  However, making sure the laws are faithfully executed DOES NOT MEAN WRITING NEW LAWS.

Given the millions of laws on the books, I'm sure you could find something that 'must be enforced or ermagherd the oceans will fall out of the sky'...

Note, I have similar qualms from judges who attempt to legislate from the bench >:D
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
From what I read elsewhere, the new Executive Order will have to do with getting the states to provide more mental health information into the background check system.  That this hasn't already been an objective of the administration demonstrates to me how this has nothing to do with enforcing current laws as much as providing more power to the government.  For all the whining we heard the other day, the question arises why he hasn't done this previously if it was within his executive authority.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/19/obama-taking-executive-action-on-guns-after-senate-vote/