General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

It's a sad day.... no more coffee :(

<< < (3/3)

unfy:

--- Quote from: CliffD on June 03, 2013, 10:50:42 PM ---I read this rather interesting article today and wanted to post it here to share with you all. I did a quick search in case someone else had already posted it...and this thread came up.

I hope the caffeine kick is going well, but read this just in case! You may want to stop and get a can of Folgers on the way home tomorrow! :)

Seriously though, this is some pretty scarey stuff. What's next? Smoking? PMS? Credit Rating?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/05/31/caffeine-withdrawal-is-now-a-mental-disorder/

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  Disorder.  I saw a post about it somewhere and just shook my head. *sigh*

Back in 2003 or so I stopped 2 pots of coffee a day cold turkey.  The headaches were brutal for about the first week and then never noticed a difference.  Granted, started back on coffee not too long after, but at a much diminished rate...

As per the thread's original post, I have found that I can handle decaf and the "1/2-caf" stuff fairly well.  Similarly, I can handle a single 32oz soda in the morning.

None of the above replaces a nice full bodied cup of delicious ambrosia whenever ya wanted it though :(

Chris C:
Thankfully I’ve never been affected by caffeine.  Heck I can drink two energy drinks in a row and not feel a difference. 

Look on the bright side at least your teeth won’t keep turning brown.   ;D

bkoenig:
I actually have to be careful with my caffeine intake since I've fought with insomnia ever since I was a kid.  As long as I limit myself to 2 cups in the morning and nothing after noon I'm ok, but if I have any caffeine after lunch I won't be sleeping that night.

I have enough nervous energy anyway that I don't really need it.  It helps wake me up but I'm usually fidgeting at my desk all day long as it is. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version