< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My Family is gone!  (Read 749 times)

Offline GadgetGuy

• Forum Member
My Family is gone!
« on: May 05, 2013, 08:47:41 AM »
Well, it's a good thing...today is their CCW class. My wife, daughter and Son-in-law are taking their concealed carry class.

They have all casually shot firearms but a few months ago they all voiced a desire to take a class so they could carry if need be.  We had a serious safety session where we used snap caps to practice handling their guns. I have several firearms I plan on signing over to them once they have a permit. We have all shot at targets in the past so I know they can shoot...but never hurts to review the safety aspect.

When my daughter and SIL where over for their session, my wife was on the side doing her thing with a new .380 S&W Bodyguard...very nice to see her confidence and ability to handle the gun safely..looked like an old pro! I think she would kill me if she knew I called her an old pro   :o

My adult daughter took her gun and snap caps with her and sent me a video later that night...she too was handling the gun safely and with confidence. I have an LC9 ready for her when the time comes.

Not sure they will ever really carry concealed but it will be nice to know they can and future trips to the range will include them. 

These aren't my choice of guns but for new enthusiasts, the long trigger pull and manual safety are better for range shooting in my opinion. I still like my Glock 26 best of all but use a Nano as backup.

Now I wish I had more target ammo!

Just thought I would share

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: My Family is gone!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:03:39 AM »
I still like my Glock 26 best of all.....

Glock 26, 27, and 33 constitute a great family of CCW handguns.

Could reasonably argue that everything else is redundant.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 02:35:23 PM »
Safes for everybody!

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »
Glock 26, 27, and 33 constitute a great family of CCW handguns.

Could reasonably argue that everything else is redundant.

How could forget the Glock 30 or 36? :o