< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lessons From Katrina  (Read 553 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Lessons From Katrina
« on: May 04, 2013, 12:19:29 AM »
With the images of Boston still fresh on our minds, remember the lessons of Katrina and some of the things we learned from that.  With an aggressive police presence at disasters being an given, knowing beforehand what may come, is a benefit.  Learn from what the good people of Katrina had to live through in the days and weeks that followed.

This is a video from our friends at NRA.  After I watched this video today, I upgraded my membership from Life to Life Endowment.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Lessons From Katrina
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:05:54 AM »
Thanks Gary, I'll be spreading this around.

In case anyone missed it, LB390 advanced out of the Judiciary Committee almost a month ago, but they neutered it quite a bit and no action has been taken on it since then.

http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,7267.0.html
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Lessons From Katrina
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
I was not aware that this happened until seeing this video.   Thank you for posting Gary. 

I can see where the LEO's would have a concern about weapons being "out there" on the open streets during/after such a disaster in the hands of looters & a-holes, but I fail to see the logic in confiscation of weapons from decent folks just wanting to protect their property and themselves....while on their own property.   Screw the "profiling" political correctness BS....the LEO's knew/know who the bad guys are so, go after them and leave the true citizens/patriots alone.   Should another disaster of the Katrina scale ever happen again, I hope the lessons learned here would prevail.
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman