< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Obama blames US for Mexican gun violence  (Read 753 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Obama blames US for Mexican gun violence
« on: May 03, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »
and uses the claim to push gun control.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/05/03/obama_blames_us_for_gun_violence_in_mexico_pushes_for_gun_control.html

Well, is it true that legal gun shops along the border are the source of the weapons cartels are using to  kill each other and innocent Mexicans? 

NO.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500202_162-57337289/legal-u.s-gun-sales-to-mexico-arming-cartels/

The problem of weapons legally sold to Mexico - then diverted to violent cartels - is becoming more urgent. That's because the U.S. has quietly authorized a massive escalation in the number of guns sold to Mexico through "direct commercial sales." It's a way foreign countries can acquire firearms faster and with less disclosure than going through the Pentagon.

Here's how it works: A foreign government fills out an application to buy weapons from private gun manufacturers in the U.S. Then the State Department decides whether to approve.

And it did approve 2,476 guns to be sold to Mexico in 2006. In 2009, that number was up nearly 10 times, to 18,709. The State Department has since stopped disclosing numbers of guns it approves, and wouldn't give CBS News figures for 2010 or 2011.

With Mexico in a virtual state of war with its cartels, nobody's tracking how many U.S. guns are ending up with the enemy.

The State Department audits only a tiny sample - less than 1 percent of sales - but the results are disturbing: In 2009, more than a quarter (26 percent) of the guns sold to the region that includes Mexico were "diverted" into the wrong hands, or had other "unfavorable" results.

"There have been 150,000 or more Mexican soldiers defect to go work for the cartels, and I think it's safe to assume that when they defect they take their firearms with them," Keane told CBS News.

Mexico is now one of the world's largest purchasers of U.S. guns through direct commercial sales, beating out countries like Iraq. The State Department office that oversees the sales wouldn't agree to an interview. But an official has told Congress their top priority is to advance national security and foreign policy.

So, Obama is using pure double-speak.  Straight out of Animal Farm.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 02:26:29 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Obama blames US for Mexican gun violence
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 02:40:24 PM »
Mexican drug cartels regularly release multi-beheading and dismemberment videos.  There are plenty of non-official (ie: cctv, random dude with a cell phone, etc) stabbings, executions, etc.  Mexico's violence has nothing to do with our gun shops.

Also, Operation Fast & Furious anyone ?
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline M7025-06

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »
'Ol BO on another "apology tour".  I about drove off the road when I heard his little speech on the radio.  What a pathetic excuse of a leader.   

NRA Member

Offline CliffD

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
I saw this. Man, I am getting really tired of his double talk...and even more tired of him "blaming" the US when he speaks in other Countries. What, like he thinks we won't hear about it back home?

This goes back to 2009: President Barack Obama has finished the second leg of his international confession tour. In less than 100 days, he has apologized on three continents for what he views as the sins of America and his predecessors. I remember thinking then that I felt like I had just been sold out.

Our now violence in Mexico is our fault? And his gun control agenda will fix it? How many legally purchased and owned guns are "smuggled" into Mexico by law abiding American citizens? How many did our Government ship in during Fast and Furious? How many since then?

No wonder the entire world hates America...our own President does too.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:16:30 PM »
How many legally purchased and owned guns are "smuggled" into Mexico by law abiding American citizens?

One has to ask where the cartels got the fully automatic machine guns, the grenades, RPGs and explosives from.  You won't find those items on the counters of Texas gun stores.

Offline just_me_mongo

• Powder Benefactor
  • "Shall NOT be infringed"
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »
It was my understanding that the ATF supplied about 30,000 firearms to the Mexican Cartels.

"One of the ordinary modes by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms." - Joseph Story

Offline lightem up

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
 I blame our dictator in chief for everything that's going wrong here a couple of examples why IMPEACHMENT  must happen or we are finished.   THE PLOT destroy the moral and leadership of the military,undermine religion, take away guns,disregardthe cconstitution, allow open borders,torment racial and economic divisions,bypass congress,increase the debt to a meltdown level,lie and decisive about bengazi and fast and furious,push a nightmare health care system that will break the bank and will increase cost and unemployment,incite Muslim killings at ft hood as workplace violence, stops states from enacting voters protection laws and the  list goes on . Why is this SOB still in office!