< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 683 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Twitter
« on: May 07, 2013, 09:15:06 AM »
i am wondering if the NFOA (or NFOA-PAF) would ever make a Twitter account.  is it worth it to make an account and recruit members that way?  open up more fundraising?  spreading the word for meetings, committee hearings, etc?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Twitter
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »
Good question.  It could be a great way to get legislative alerts out quickly.  Each year we have been seeing shorter notice of hearings.  Sometimes things happen and we have very little time to respond.  So that could be a good tool.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 12:17:20 PM »
I'm not sure how useful Twitter would be for recruiting, but it would certainly be a good tool for communicating with current members ... assuming that current members have Twitter accounts.

I'm curious how many of our members have Twitter accounts.  Please let us know if you do.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »
i do.  i signed up last night.  it isn't hard to sign up or even make contacts.  i haven't had time to mess around with it a lot though, so my knowledge is slim.  i think it would be a great way to send out press releases or another way to contact members and organizations.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline pianoman

• NFOA Full Member
  • Photographer
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »
I use twitter quite a lot and follow several organizations.  The phenomenon of social media -- especially Twitter -- is that it fosters the feeling of involvement and encourages "talking" instead of writing or feeling the need to communicate formally.  I'd definitely follow the NFOA and retweet relevant posts out to my followers. 

The Omaha Police Department is quite active on twitter, both posting and retweeting others.  It certainly makes them feel engaged with the public here.
Nebraskan | NRA Member | Wedding Photographer | Professional Musician

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »
I have an account... Mostly to follow people within my field of work, but I follow a few gun related accounts, too.