< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Shotgunners: Anyone Ever Used a ShotKam??  (Read 974 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Shotgunners: Anyone Ever Used a ShotKam??
« on: May 17, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »
Trapshooters/Skeet Shooters/Sporting Clays Shooters:

There's a recoil-activated video gun camera called a ShotKam.

Takes a video picture of your shot, including your bead and the clay bird.

Shows where you are missing.    [Or....that is.....it would show where I am missing.]

It even shows when you are hitting, I guess.   But....if you are hitting, then you don't need the ShotKam.   Just shoot the bird.

Anyhow.....any commentary on this device?

Like.......is it worth $800 or so????

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Shotgunners: Anyone Ever Used a ShotKam??
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 11:10:17 PM »
Anyhow.....any commentary on this device?

I can tell you this...it gets real boring watching targets vaporize time after time  :kiss:
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:26:12 AM »
They also made one for handguns. When they discontinued them, they dropped to around ~$150. The handgun version also had a flashlight/laser. So No, I don't think It's worth even $300

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 10:44:28 PM »
Based on the above feedback, guess I'll just borrow DanW's ShotKam instead of buying my own.

And rent some reloading time on his Ponzeness-Warren.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 11:03:09 AM »
Based on the above feedback, guess I'll just borrow DanW's ShotKam instead of buying my own.

And rent some reloading time on his Ponzeness-Warren.

sfg

Sold em both to some blind guy on Craigslist   :kiss:
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »
Dag-nabit!

Why is There Always a Catch Somewhere in the Plan???!!!

sfg