< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Front Sight?  (Read 655 times)

Offline pfinn

• Forum Member
Front Sight?
« on: May 31, 2013, 12:20:02 AM »
Anyone here have any first hand knowledge of Front Site Training Institute? I may have the opportunity to take some of their courses at no cost to me (other than getting down there). In doing some online research, I see some real mixed reviews...

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Front Sight?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:48:53 AM »
I've heard relatively good things, like all training services there are disgruntled customers. Make one person happy they tell one, make one mad they tell ten lol.

If its a free class barring travel costs go for it!
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 08:25:06 AM »
I believe Rod Moeller just trained there.  You may want to check with him.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 08:35:20 AM »
My wife and I took a free two day handgun course there 5 or 6 years ago. Facility is top notch and the Instructors are very knowledgeable. The classroom lecture was excellent, especially the legal stuff. The shooting and tactics were a big disappointment. The range portion of the class we took was obviously designed to get the maximum number of students on line (many who had little to no experience) and run through some basic shooting drills as safely as possible. Very watered down and not very realistic. My insurance agent, who has had advanced training elsewhere, spent a few days there two years ago and had the exact same experience.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com