General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

needing new tires

<< < (4/5) > >>

Hank:
I highly recommend you look at General Grabber AT2, I have had great luck with them (2 sets and 120k miles on `01 Tacoma DBL Cab). Now, both my cousin and a brother use them too. Hard to tell much of a difference in tread pattern between them and BFG AT. Save yourself a couple hundred dollars..wallyworld can order them and put them on for you.

RobertH:
my father and i both have Chevy Silervados and we both have Goodyear Wrangler Duractrac LT265/70R17's on them.  they look cool and perform well, but they are kind of loud on the city streets/highways.  we got 10 ply tires because the soybean stubble has given us flat tires on other truck tires.  i have yet to get stuck in the snow with those tires.  but these tires are about $250-ish each.

dukduk:
so I'm looking at 235/85r16 duratracs or whatever the tire guy recommends. deeper the tread thickness the better? last longer or for traction?

dukduk:
Broke down and went with the BFGs 235/85r16

Skinnys! feels like I'm driving a stock 2WD mini truck.

FarmerRick:
Nice choice, looks good.  You'll like them.  I'd suggest adjusting your air pressure for good treadwear and contact patch, looks like they put the MAX 80 PSI of pressure in them. 

When I had 32x11.50R15 BFG's on my old Toyota, I ran 26 psi in the rear and 30 psi in the front(they were Load range C tires though as yours are probably D or E's.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version