General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

needing new tires

<< < (2/5) > >>

zofoman:
I've bought through tirebuyer.com and had TO Hass do the mounting (mounting was included in overall price).  Saved a bunch over what TO's quoted me earlier for the same tires.  I'll do it again the next time I need tires.

OnTheFly:
dukduk,

Are you military or ex-military?  Some times the base stores (BX, PX, etc.) have discounts with local stores.

Fly

dukduk:
ya but the Firestone on base is normally msrp, like most other things

thanks for the links, looking em up right now.

if you only had one set if tires, would you go with the all terrain style or regular all weather street tires? as bald and dry rotted my bfgs are, they were awesome in the snow, on the roads at least.

Chris C:
My '13 F150 came with Goodyear Wrangler SR-A and they seem like a good tire but don't know how much that attributed to the drivetrain of the truck.  They do have a ton of siping though.  When they wear out I really want to try a taller than stock set of BFG AT's since a lot of people rave about them.  The 96 Dodge 12v I had came with a new set of BFG AT knockoff but since it had open diff's front and rear stock honestly have no idea how well they work. 

RLMoeller:
How much will you use it off road, and in what way?

There are some good tires now with all terrain features but are still considered a Hiway all-season.  These are usually quieter tires on pavement than more agressive off road tires.  The BFG Rugged Terrain is one model to look at, and might be better than the T/A KO.   I'm not a Goodyear fan.  Have had the Wrangler LS and the Wranger SR-A before and they are ok, but not a fan of the performance in bad weather.  I think the call them Goodyear because you are lucky to get a good year out of them.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version