< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Final Rock Your Glock match this year July 18th  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Final Rock Your Glock match this year July 18th
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 09:27:31 PM »
Thanks for the offer Chris, that is really cool of you, but really, all we would really need I guess is a case to put stuff in while we are there and maybe a couple extra G17 mags. I shoot better with my 1911, but I could carry my Glock like I usually do in my concealment holster on the way there and wear a jacket to throw some ammo in. I could wear my eyes on the bike, and maybe I could roll my ears up in the sweatshirt I keep bungeed to my triple trees.

Kim is a revolver girl, but she doesn't really enjoy the competition thing, but I will talk to her and let you know what we finally decide.

Thanks again for the offer, but we will enjoy ourselves just as much signing people up for the NFOA and mingling.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:28:37 PM by Jay »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 10:28:45 PM »
I hear them chest rigs are good for hauling some mags and ammo ;D
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 02:44:57 PM »
Jay, this is a KLR650, but I'm sure you could whip up something similar for the Hog.
Plenty of storage, and it should be an LB430-approved CCW storage compartment.  ;D

Can you say 20mm ammo can?

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 10:42:15 PM »
Rick knows how to haul lots of things on his "HAWG". He took a trip a few years ago hauling a briefcase and I found a pic from back then.

Aren't you gonna leave me a tip, Rick?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:35:41 AM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 10:40:27 PM »
The beemer is full of gas, and ready to roll out the barn door at 5:30 in the morning, see you guys around 8.

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 08:01:59 PM »
Thanks again for having the shoot today, had a great time!  Also enjoyed getting meeting some of the people on the blog.
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »
Here's the results:  http://rockyourglock.tripod.com/id6.html

Looks like I placed 24th out of 39 entries.  Not terrible for my first ever competition, I suppose.

Had a great time!!

;D
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »
Thanks everyone for coming out today!

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »
Here's the results:  http://rockyourglock.tripod.com/id6.html

Looks like I placed 24th out of 39 entries.  Not terrible for my first ever competition, I suppose.

Had a great time!!

;D

I did slightly worse at the GSSF match, don't feel so bad!  ;)

Still had a blast though!
NRA Life Member.

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 10:25:22 PM »
I had a good time, great day for a bike ride, saw how the matches are performed, signed 19 up with NFOA, got to meet Chris and Roper finally. Met a few other members, and made some new friendships with Jay, Kim, AAllen and Dan.

Not alot of shooters there, too nice of a day late in the year.

Boy did I get dehydrated on the way home, and an ice cold bud light sure hit the spot when that Beemer rolled into the barn.

19 of 21 people I, Jay, Kim, Rick,Dan and Chris talked to today signed up. One guy has been worked on before, just not his thing, and the other took a flyer and wanted to check out the site first, he may or amy not sign up. But that is a pretty good ratio. As you guys saw, it doesn't take any special skill, just go out and get them, bring them to the table and tell the truth. What we have to offer sells itself, we just have to take our message to them, they aren't going to search for us.

We had 6 of us at one time talking to two guys who walked up to the table, when one slowed down, another picked up, and we all gave them more info than they could handle.

Took in two donations today, one for forty dollars, and I want to thank that member personnaly, he knows who he is and will be reading this, so thanks Bob.

There were several shooters already signed up there, which is great. Chris and a few others are doing a great job getting the people around Lincoln educated about the NFOA.

We looked like the rag tag motorcycle gang there, a Rat Rod, an Enduro and a sport touring bike. We will have to do that again sometime. Did you get that bike home Jay?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:50:27 PM by LitlRat »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »
Thanks to all the volunteers that run the Rock your Glock event at Lincoln IKE's. These guys work for pickup brass, and do one hell of a job. And they did that job well enough over the last few years to convince the GSSF that Nebraska was ready to host a sanctioned GSSF event.

Nebraska Glock shooters showed up at the event at Heartland Shooting Park in GI, and the event staff said Nebraska is on the schedule again for next year.

Thanks to the Lincoln Izaak Walton league for hosting the Rock Your  Glock events, and allowing 6 NFOA directors  to work the attendees for adding to the NFOA's membership.

And finally thanks to those NFOA directors who went to considerable lengths to support the further growth of our association.

I am very proud to be a part of all this.

Dan W
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline jimburnetto

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 11:24:49 PM »
Yes, thanks to everyone!!

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 01:40:59 AM »
Same story here, we had a great time and really enjoyed the company there. It's fun putting faces to names and meeting the people behind the screen names here on the forums.

Glad you made the long trip back ok, Scott. Of course, we wouldn't have expected anything else from that beemer you're riding, but I guess you never know. Yep, we got the bike home with no problems, took a short nap, then headed back out again for a night on the town with some friends. We just rolled back in, was a little cold on the way home, but not too bad.

Thanks to everyone for coming out.