< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Open Carry...*gasp*  (Read 13096 times)

Offline MissMichella

• Powder Benefactor
  • I'm just a girl with a glock.
Re: Open Carry...*gasp*
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2013, 09:36:23 PM »
Not to resurrect this post...but I am. :kiss:
I just got back to Nebraska from UT...and I actually had more attention while OC there than I do in Lincoln.  In Utah, you also can't have a round chambered when you're carrying.
You have more confidence than a woman in a tampon commercial...
*Michelle*

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2013, 10:39:52 PM »
In Utah, you also can't have a round chambered when you're carrying.

That's crazy man...crazy!  They allow CC on college campuses when many other states gasp at the thought, but you can't have a round in the chamber while OC'ing.  Kind of antiquated and less progressive (in a gun sense) than their CC laws.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline ojohnsten

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »
I will open carry during hunting season.  I got my CCW to cover times in which it is cold and I may want to wear a coat.  I find open carry more comfortable and have actually purchased holsters that qualify as concealed in broad daylight.  Check out the Sneaky Pete line of holsters.  I have heard a lot of negative feedback on this type of holster but if your shirt only half covers it, or not, it is still a mystery.  Not open, but the holster's size maybe being a giveaway, I find them the most comfortable and I don't have to worry about printing.  I have had NO ONE ask me about the case on my belt. They are not out there everywhere, so I am not convinced someone that hasn't done some research would know what they are looking at so the "being a target" is not so upfront.  You and I might Know what they are, but the guy that just stuck up the liquor store might not, with you standing right behind him. I opt to carry concealed in plain sight.   

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2013, 12:14:43 AM »
I will open carry during hunting season.  I got my CCW to cover times in which it is cold and I may want to wear a coat.  I find open carry more comfortable and have actually purchased holsters that qualify as concealed in broad daylight.  Check out the Sneaky Pete line of holsters.  I have heard a lot of negative feedback on this type of holster but if your shirt only half covers it, or not, it is still a mystery.  Not open, but the holster's size maybe being a giveaway, I find them the most comfortable and I don't have to worry about printing.  I have had NO ONE ask me about the case on my belt. They are not out there everywhere, so I am not convinced someone that hasn't done some research would know what they are looking at so the "being a target" is not so upfront.  You and I might Know what they are, but the guy that just stuck up the liquor store might not, with you standing right behind him. I opt to carry concealed in plain sight.   
Be careful - open carry and concealed carry are both violations if you do it during archery and black powder seasons.

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2013, 12:24:08 AM »
Be careful - open carry and concealed carry are both violations if you do it during archery and black powder seasons.

Really? I didn't see that in there....doesn't even make any sense...not like you are using the pistol to hunt with.

I am going to have to look into that law and see the exact details.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2013, 07:32:48 AM »
00 Buck is correct Proto....NEG&P is an "entity to itself".  You WILL BE cited if carrying ANY firearm (centerfire/rimfire) on your person while bow or blackpowder hunting.....  Makes as much sense as the no snowmobile carry.......

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2013, 08:41:39 AM »
00 Buck is correct Proto....NEG&P is an "entity to itself".  You WILL BE cited if carrying ANY firearm (centerfire/rimfire) on your person while bow or blackpowder hunting.....  Makes as much sense as the no snowmobile carry.......

well, I want to look at the wording...not that it wasn't correct. The wording will tell what the officers discretion options are...and maybe insight to their morbid reasoning.

It will probably be a claim of something like "it's for safety so if you fall out of your stand..." or "you might use it to hunt..."

Game and parks in any state are pretty stupid and lack any sense at all...
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline LanceH

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2013, 12:18:30 PM »
Could this be another source of income?

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013/08/15/3149688/open-carrying-army-veteran-gets.html

I prefer not to draw attention to the fact I'm carrying.