< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Omaha Open Carry  (Read 943 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Omaha Open Carry
« on: May 18, 2013, 06:50:27 AM »
At a gun safety class I recently did, the subject of Omaha open carry came up.   one man stated his though that possibly it was against the CHP statues to open carry in Nebraska, and someone else said, it was not true, that you could open carry in Nebraska, and said it was also possible to open carry in Omaha by having a Nebraska CHP.   I was not part of the conversation, just listening in, to several folks chatting away during a break

In my mind, I cannot see how a law to control the use of open carry in Omaha could be superseded by the acquisition of a state wide CHP permit.

Any thoughts on this?

I am not at all familiar with the Omaha law, does it allow the use of open carry with a CHP permit?

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Omaha Open Carry
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:17:52 AM »
Research of this forum would have led you to this well beaten horse.  One may OC in Omaha essentially under two conditions.....1) one possesses a CHP (from any recognized state by the way) or 2) has taken the approved OPD OC course (the NE Safety Council offers) and subsequently obtains the OC permit from   OPD.  It is really no more complicated than that.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: Omaha Open Carry
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:22:19 PM »
I can loan this to you, if you promise not to enjoy it too much. 

Thanks for your answer, sorry it was so troublesome.

I like your idea of contributing less, and lurking more.  I will try that.