< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Go buy one of these  (Read 1991 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Go buy one of these
« on: June 05, 2013, 04:06:09 PM »
Dunno if this should just be a generic thread for "must haves" or what.

Anyhoo...

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Weather-Ready-Folding-Lantern/dp/B001D937SY/

They can be found locally, I think I saw them in Walmart (not sure), but I know I picked mine up at Menards.

Takes 4 D-cell batteries.  Coin screwed battery flap.

135hr of run time at 'low' setting (off, nightlight, low, high) ... which puts out enough light to do any task (I'd guess around 80 lumens).  The nightlight is an orange and is a fairly bright nightlight. 

135 hours at 'low' can be verified easily by myself.  Rather, that is, I've been using one for over a month and it's been awesome.

Caveats:

* Not water proof

* Power switch can be easy to bump, if you store it in a volatile area, flip one of the batteries around to avoid accidental discharge

* If you're "that way", this *does* require batteries and isn't a person-powered device.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Go buy one of these
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 06:22:41 PM »
I like my old fashioned kerosene lamp with it's fire hazard fuel :)

Offline Kodiak

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Go buy one of these
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 01:58:47 PM »
I think it'd be good to have both, although I have to believe there are better choices than this one.  that being said, for such a cheap price, it might not be a bad, back up for the back up.