< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: California permit to purchase ammo uhhhh...  (Read 780 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
California permit to purchase ammo uhhhh...
« on: June 14, 2013, 08:07:18 PM »

California ... uhmmm ... what are you doing?!

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml;jsessionid=551700b82e7c1aafe946bd92f1c0

Cali Senate just passed a bill requiring folks to get a license to purchase ammunition.  Looking through the bill as amended, it also looks like it was originally a hand gun law that turned into an ammo law.  *sigh*

This won't survive a court challenge, but still... WTF.

Vendors have to get licensed to sell ammo.... which is sigh and bad enough as is...

But, citizens have to get an ammo purchase permit as well.  And no, the actual cost of the permit to citizens isn't discussed in the bill.

Sadly, the bill is either not quite correct in the above link, or something.  The section relating to the 'fee' imposed upon citizens is not... there.

(3) The applicant pays the fees set forth in subdivision (i).

(g) The department shall recover the reasonable cost of administering this section by charging applicants an initial application fee.
(h) All fees received pursuant to this section shall be deposited into the Dealer’s Record of Sale Special Account of the General Fund.
(i) The implementation of this section by the department is exempt from the Administrative Procedure Act (Chapter 3.5 (commencing with Section 11340) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code).
(j) The department shall annually review and shall adjust the fees specified in subdivision (g), if necessary, to fully fund, but not to exceed the reasonable costs of, the ammunition authorization program provided by this section, including the enforcement of this program.

In the original, there was an (i), but it's been struck through / rewritten or something.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
Re: California permit to purchase ammo uhhhh...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:48:02 PM »
The section relating to the 'fee' imposed upon citizens is not... there.

Apparently, politicians believe you have "to pass the bill before you find out what is in it".  :o
(yes...joking) ::)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:52:26 PM by SS_N_NE »