< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Glocks made in USA vs Europe??  (Read 940 times)

Offline Jerry Lundegard

• Powder Benefactor
Glocks made in USA vs Europe??
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:52:46 PM »
I do not own a Glock but have an opportunity to buy a Glock 22 at a very good price. This particular gun is an American made version.  Are these inferior to the European made product in any way, or are they essentially the same?  I tried to do research on Google but all I can find is the usual Glock vs XDM vs MP screaming matches.

If anyone could give me a straight up answer with some details on US made versus Austrian made version, I would sure appreciate it.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: Glocks made in USA vs Europe??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:22:27 PM »
It'll be perfectly fine.

(I'm actually kind of curious how you are certain that it is an "American made version" and what exactly you mean by that, really.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »
There is no difference between the made in USA versions vs Austria.

The frames made in Austria will say "Made in Austria" on them. If it just says "Glock Inc., Smyrna GA" on the frame then you know it was made in the US.

The slide will have the country it was made engraved on the side "USA" or "Austria"

It is quite possible to have a frame made in the US and a slide from Austria on the same gun

Most made in the US Glocks are exported to other countries (who cannot receive product from Austria), however some of the made in the US ones were used here to fill some of the backlog of orders

Offline Jerry Lundegard

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 06:36:17 PM »
Thanks for the straight answer.  Friend of a friend is telling me the ones stamped USA are inferior. The guy is a know it all BS type. I figured I would get a better answer here and I did. Thanks.