< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The Day My Wife Was Kidnapped  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
The Day My Wife Was Kidnapped
« on: May 24, 2013, 05:28:39 PM »
About 15 years ago, around 9pm, my wife walks into our business with a look of bewilderment.  First off, she had headed home hours ago, to our acreage outside Hickman.  I last saw her around 5pm when she went to do some shopping before going home.

When she got home, two men approached her car, and asked her for a ride to town.  Frightened, she did not know what to do, so she agreed. 

She let them out not far from our business.  She was unharmed, and she never saw any weapons.

I quickly called the police, who found the house they went into, and were arrested.  Arrested for what?  They had ran from a police stop at Stagecoach Lake, over drinking beer in the park.  They ran to our house, and my wife was their get-a-way vehicle.

Kidnapping charges?  Nope.  The police felt my wife did not do enough complaining, struggling or protesting, and that she was somewhat a willing participant, and they dropped everything except the beer ticket they ran away from.

I tell this story, to let everyone be on guard for men that might approach you.  You never know what they may want, or what might happen next.

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
Re: The Day My Wife Was Kidnapped
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »
About 15 years ago, around 9pm, my wife walks into our business with a look of bewilderment.  First off, she had headed home hours ago, to our acreage outside Hickman.  I last saw her around 5pm when she went to do some shopping before going home.

When she got home, two men approached her car, and asked her for a ride to town.  Frightened, she did not know what to do, so she agreed. 

She let them out not far from our business.  She was unharmed, and she never saw any weapons.

I quickly called the police, who found the house they went into, and were arrested.  Arrested for what?  They had ran from a police stop at Stagecoach Lake, over drinking beer in the park.  They ran to our house, and my wife was their get-a-way vehicle.

Kidnapping charges?  Nope.  The police felt my wife did not do enough complaining, struggling or protesting, and that she was somewhat a willing participant, and they dropped everything except the beer ticket they ran away from.

I tell this story, to let everyone be on guard for men that might approach you.  You never know what they may want, or what might happen next.
Sometimes the stories you tell just don't seem normal to me.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 01:12:05 AM »
Sometimes the stories you tell just don't seem normal to me.

Is that your way of saying, sure glad she got away OK, or now that she has a CHP, she can better protect herself? 

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:19:15 AM by Gary »

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 11:51:16 AM »

Is that your way of saying, sure glad she got away OK, or now that she has a CHP, she can better protect herself? 

I'm saying I put this in the category of you're one-handed Glock breakdown/ziploc baggie storage and your CCW certification.  I'm sure there's a story there, but I'm not sure what we are getting is the undistorted picture.

I'm certainly glad she's okay. 

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 10:59:40 PM »
Did I miss a part of the story? They asked for a ride and she agreed. Was it at gunpoint?

**Just answered my question - saw the part about didn't see any weapons.

Offline Hank

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 03:15:01 PM »
Hmmph..certainly glad all they wanted was a lift to town. I can definitely see how she could feel frightened.
Speaking of traffic stops, I guess the NE State P-Trolls were conducting random stops out of Lincoln on Highway 2 last Thursday. I have always felt it was just wrong for them do that, even when I have nothing to hide.
I guess when they publish the #`s of how many with no registration, no insurance, drunk drivers etc. I can see where it may do some good, but it still don`t seem right to me.

Offline MissMichella

• Powder Benefactor
  • I'm just a girl with a glock.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 04:00:26 PM »
Hmmph..certainly glad all they wanted was a lift to town. I can definitely see how she could feel frightened.
Speaking of traffic stops, I guess the NE State P-Trolls were conducting random stops out of Lincoln on Highway 2 last Thursday. I have always felt it was just wrong for them do that, even when I have nothing to hide.
I guess when they publish the #`s of how many with no registration, no insurance, drunk drivers etc. I can see where it may do some good, but it still don`t seem right to me.
It was Lancaster Sheriff's Office.  It was the click-it or ticket checkpoint.  No random stops.  It's every 4th or 5th car.  Just check lights, blinkers, seatbelts, license.  I know people get irritated about them, but they are high-visibility.  They have to offer an exit after a sign advertising the checkpoint.  If they were searching vehicles it might be one thing, but I don't have a problem with them making sure my lights work.   ;D
You have more confidence than a woman in a tampon commercial...
*Michelle*

Offline BryanB1972

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »
Well things like that are what they are. If you get caught doing something like no insurance or what ever then you should not have been doing that Id say!
MissMichella, Love the signature! I about pissed myself laughing at that one! Good sense of humor!