< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Firefighter shot while transporting patient- Omaha (of course)  (Read 1309 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
http://www.kmtv.com/news/local/213899911.html
From Action3 and Mayor Stothert FB:

An Omaha firefighter was shot while transporting a female patient who had suffered a "seizure". The patient pull a gun and the offer was shot while trying to disarm.
 I "" Seizure. If I was a betting man I would say drugs were somehow involved. My guess, we will see.
It gets me that folks are worried about CHP holders notifying and disarming/ comply with disarmament, in the case of an emergency, yet did they not search this lady for any weapons before transport- for their own safety? ???
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Firefighter shot while transporting patient- Omaha (of course)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »
Typically a squad crew does not "search" a patient, however you are to do a head to toe assessment.
I am curious if the patient is a CHP holder, or an outlaw, or something else.
There is a lot not being told of this story, stay tuned...

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 03:13:50 PM »
Yes there is a lot of NO INFO being released on this story. That leads me to assume, and that usually ain't good. ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »
WHA?  You mean to tell me this lady was not on the up and up?  You don't know how bad I want to go back to Jean's page and throw this all back at the folks that said we should jump to conclusions about the gal's condition and motives.   
ASSUMPTION: Seizure- Drug induced.  Firearm- Owned and Concealed illegally.  Intent inside of ambulance- get out of the trouble she was already in. 

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »
From the photo, she looks like a nice, upstanding young lady who was on her way to church and had a possible 'fainting spell' that caused her to momentarily lose touch with her senses.........

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/police-identify-woman-in-ambulance-shooting/-/9674510/20805628/-/10kfrvv/-/index.html

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 10:38:50 AM »
More info to follow at 2pm....... I saw a story somewhere that says she possibly faked the seizure

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 11:13:38 AM »
Nothing says "success" like a face tattoo!

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 03:03:19 PM »
I truly hate that is has become this easy to see the truth with so little facts in cases like these. 

.....The Omaha Police Department says that at around 2:30pm Monday, the suspect who allegedly stole a vehicle was located at the Dollar General at 48th & L St.  Officers arrived on scene and placed the suspect, later identified by OPD as Jessica DuBois, under arrest.  She was put in handcuffs, searched, and placed in the back of a police cruiser before she started convulsing and appeared to be non-responsive. ......
.....DuBois was on the Sarpy County Sheriff's Office most wanted list.......

The Rest Of The Story:
http://www.kmtv.com/news/local/214181471.html#.UdR_FoztrRU.facebook

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 03:42:30 PM »
"Police are investigating how the woman was allowed to enter the ambulance with a gun." 

Ding - Ding - Ding.....  We have a WINNER !!!!  If that EMT/Firefighter had been seriously injured or even killed, his family would OWN the city of Omaha and the Police Department.  Whoever put the cuffs on her is (should be) in deep doo-doo... 

I wonder where she pulled that revolver from...   ???

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »
"Police are investigating how the woman was allowed to enter the ambulance with a gun." 

Ding - Ding - Ding.....  We have a WINNER !!!!  If that EMT/Firefighter had been seriously injured or even killed, his family would OWN the city of Omaha and the Police Department.  Whoever put the cuffs on her is (should be) in deep doo-doo... 

+1

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »

Correct, it sounds like she was in the back of the patrol car before her "seizure."  Do the police do that bad of a job searching criminal suspects?

Offline bigdog

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 07:49:12 PM »
Gee I wonder why the back ground check for her gun didn't reject her buying the weapon. Aren't background checks suppose to stop bad people from having guns? Ya, a little sarcasm.
bigdog

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »
Maybe she was on illicit drugs
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:45:58 PM by LM4202 »