< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Zimmerman: NOT GUILTY  (Read 7835 times)

Offline sparky0068

• NFOA Full Member
Zimmerman: NOT GUILTY
« on: July 13, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
Finally, the justice system working.

That is all.
KD0LKT

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Zimmerman: NOT GUILTY
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »
Now waiting for the media fueled idiots that think its a race issue to do retarded things.

People are pissed about the economy, about politics, and other stuff... and now they have an excuse to do stupid **** even if it's based on b.s. :(.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline johnnyblack

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 09:22:27 PM »
The right verdict...having followed the trial rather closely and read the jury's instructions....either way, that poor bastard will be looking over his shoulder until the day he dies...

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:19 PM »
Ya'll should see the hate on social media- I guarantee not a one of them has actually followed the facts in the case, only the bias passed as fact by the media and interweb!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 09:40:50 PM »
Ya'll should see the hate on social media- I guarantee not a one of them has actually followed the facts in the case, only the bias passed as fact by the media and interweb!

Yeah.  Gonna go **** up whitey for ....

Wait.  They still don't get that Zimmerman is Hispanic ? And this was never about race ?

*shakes head*
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 09:59:37 PM »

LOL, as soon as I saw the verdict I went to HuffPo and looked at the front page.  They are frothing at the mouth over there.  I suspect I will wake to news reports in the morning of rioting in many places.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 10:10:08 PM »
NOT GUILTY*

*BUT NOT INNOCENT

Way to be an impartial journalistic resource, huffpo.

Seriously. I'm done reading anything coming out of the news media.

Main stream or alternative.

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 11:16:49 PM »
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!! As usual, when a high profile case doesn't go the way the masses wanted it to go. And fully expect the DOJ to get into it as a civil rights case. I get very sick and tired of this double jeopardy type of crap for selected individuals!!
WØCHF

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 11:18:49 PM »
The only shred of "evidence" that people took away from the trail was how Zimmerman was a fierce MMA trained grown man athlete... other than that I just saw a post suggesting that GZ dragged the body back to the T to make it look like he got jumped... on what earth are these folks living on?

Next up is GZ's civil suit against NBC for very obvious reasons.

Followed up by a very probable civil suit against GZ for the Martin family.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »
And fully expect the DOJ to get into it as a civil rights case.

If they do, it'll be a laughing stock.  There's nothing anywhere out of Zimmerman that shows any kind of racial b.s..  If there was - it woulda been on display in this trial.

Oh, unless you look at the lies the media spread, then sure there is.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 11:39:09 PM »
The only shred of "evidence" that people took away from the trail was how Zimmerman was a fierce MMA trained grown man athlete... other than that I just saw a post suggesting that GZ dragged the body back to the T to make it look like he got jumped... on what earth are these folks living on?

The evidence was in court, since the prosecution didn't have much - folks are making up their own as they go... attempting to be their own investigative armchair commando.  When someone wants something so bad, they'll reach for anything (not limited to this case/situation).

Next up is GZ's civil suit against NBC for very obvious reasons.

This needs to happen. This must happen. NBC's editing of the call is pure libel. 

The AP, CBS, ABC, CNN, the NYT are all also deserving of civil action.

From a personal view point this is not that unreasonable.  Did Z need to aggressively confront M... escalating the situation etc.. blah blah blah. i dunno, i see it as reasonable questions for a civil suit.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 11:41:48 PM »
I have no idea if this 'routine' for the area in question... but... alas:

https://twitter.com/search?q=55th%20st&src=typd

edit:  a friend who lives in the area says 55th/7th is a bad area of town heh.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:46:51 PM by unfy »

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »

Anyone know if Florida's "stand your ground" law would allow a civil suit? If so, it was a bad law in the first place.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »
Anyone know if Florida's "stand your ground" law would allow a civil suit? If so, it was a bad law in the first place.

The Stand Your Ground law was totally irrelevant to this case. It only applies where a defender had the opportunity to retreat in complete safety. There is no opportunity to retreat when you are pinned to the ground and having your head bashed into concrete.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 11:08:43 AM »
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!! As usual, when a high profile case doesn't go the way the masses wanted it to go.

I think the masses of people in this country that find this verdict so wrong are really small vocal mobs that are being manipulated by the media to appear as a majority.

In fact, there is as much evidence that there was a miscarriage of justice as there was to convict GZ(none) and  the "mobs" are a media driven wet dream that exist only on TV news
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 11:11:25 AM »
The Stand Your Ground law was totally irrelevant to this case. It only applies where a defender had the opportunity to retreat in complete safety. There is no opportunity to retreat when you are pinned to the ground and having your head bashed into concrete.

Understood. I guess I'm not using the right term -- a more direction question: Does FL have any protection against civil suits for those that have to employ lethal force in a self-defense situation?

I guess I was thinking "stand your ground" doctrine usually included this type of protection. Perhaps I'm confused with "castle doctrine" which also wouldn't apply -- this is why IANAL :)

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
This is what happens when a neighborhood watch, cop wannabe on a dark, rainy night clashes with a pot smoking, convict wannabe thug.

Race had nothing to do with it.  That was interjected by the media.  The only racist I saw in the case was Trayvon Martin when he jumped the "crazy ass cracker" and tried to beat him to death.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 12:06:36 PM »
This was a more of a Witch Hunt right from the start then anything else.
It was more about Gun control then race from the get go

It was just what the administration was looking for at the time.....that is until Sandy hook happened!.  :o

Then the DOJ just kinda forgot and distanced it's self from this one.

Martin and Zimmerman both made bad mistake's in judgement and someone lost their live over it the DoJ just stepped in to made it worse compounding and adding to those stupid mistakes
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:12:12 PM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »
I think the masses of people in this country that find this verdict so wrong are really small vocal mobs that are being manipulated by the media to appear as a majority.

In fact, there is as much evidence that there was a miscarriage of justice as there was to convict GZ(none) and  the "mobs" are a media driven wet dream that exist only on TV news

I would agree on both points.   As to the first point, the "Community Relations Service" of the DOJ sent teams to Stanford, Florida, but not to smooth community relations.  By the descriptions in their own reimbursement invoices they  recruited, trained and assisted in "demonstrations" and "protests",  there and at several other places.    Earlier, they had aided the "Occupy" movement to harass people at the Republican Convention.  There is even a photo showing a CRS agent "high five-ing" an Occupy protester during their "protest".   What is happening beyond a shadow of a doubt is our own Federal government employees aiding and abetting Marxist in their attempts to replace Rule Of Law under the Constitution with something the UN advocates.

When NBC edited the 911 call and introduced race, followed by CBS, they were called out on the fact that  Zimmerman was Hispanic.  To keep the same spin (which  promoted hatred for  Whites and self-loathing) they introduced a new ethnic group in this country, "White Hispanics".

The trial revealed several facts.   The first and foremost, IMO, was an attack on the 2nd Amendment by characterizing  the "Stand Your Ground" law as nothing more than giving thugs a license to kill, and not about self-defense at all.   Secondly, the media continually posted side by side pictures of Martin as a pre-teenager to give him an angelic innocence look, while right next to Martin's photo was a doctored photo of Zimmerman, made to look much older and hardcore.

At the insistence of the Federal government state prosecutors intervened and tossed out the Stanford police department ruling of self-defense and filed 2nd Degree murder charges.    Florida law defines 2nd Degree Murder as:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0782/Sections/0782.04.html
The (1)unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and (2)evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although (3)without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life

I never understood how a sentence could "not  exceed life" unless they proposed to allow the body to rot in  the cell after death.  But, there are three elements that the State had to prove against Zimmerman:
(1) the killing was unlawful -- the self-defense law eliminated that
(2) Zimmerman "evinced" a depraved mind -- the prosecutors couldn't demonstrate that
(3) the shooting was not premeditated  --  they knew they couldn't prove premeditation by virtue of the fact that they filed 2nd DM charges.  If they could have proved premeditation then they would have went for 1st DM and the death penalty.

The prosecution's own witnesses were better witnesses for the defense than the prosecution.   This became painfully clear as the prosecution completed presentation of its case before the jury.  So sure were they of that fact that they had NOT proved 2nd DM that they introduced a new charge of 3rd DM, specifically 782.04-4h:  "Aggravated child abuse".  This charge was totally absurd and demonstrated how the prosecution was grabbing at straws.  Martin was 17.5 years old when he was shot while doing a pretty good job of "grounding and pounding" Zimmerman.   Interestingly, that term was first coined by Mark "The Hammer" Coleman during a pre-fight interview at the UFC.  The prosecution tried to convince the jury that Zimmerman was the highly trained and deadly MMA fighter, yet Martin was the one using the tactic.

Also obvious in the case was the bias of the judge against Zimmerman and his defense team.   The 5th Amendment guarantees that one cannot be forced to testify against himself.   Lawyers are hired specifically to represent the accused and present his defense in  court.   Overruling defense attorneys objections while bypassing them  and demanding that Zimmerman directly answer her questions destroys the 5th.   From my POV  it was an attempt to intimidate Zimmerman into testifying, thus giving the prosecution an opportunity to destroy him.    I've seen skilful attorneys in action in court.   Under the  current rules and court procedures a good one could convince a jury that Jesus Christ himself would be a person that no responsible parent would allow a child to come near.

With the criminal trial over, the next charade will be the civil case by Martin's parents, and the civil rights trial by the Feds, thus destroying the Constitutional protection against double jeopardy ... which really has been dead for a long time.   Civil court cases have much lower standards and the likelihood is that he will lose that one, making him a pauper for the rest of his life.  The Feds will stack the court against him in the civil rights case, and he will mostly likely loose,  unless the Hispanic community begins to make a huge fuss about equal  or social justice.  One thing for sure, they will have to coach Martin's girlfriend or get a whole new set of "witnesses".

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 04:43:05 PM »