< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Out of State (Kansas) LEO Contact  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Out of State (Kansas) LEO Contact
« on: June 02, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »
On my way home form a motorcycle rally in Kansas and was stopped in a High Way Safety Check set up. Informed the officer that I was from Nebraska and that I held a CCL and I was armed. His response was to thank me for informing him that I was armed and he asked for my drivers license. He checked my license, walked around the bike to look at my plate, returned my license and sent me on my way. That was it. No big story to tell but I thought others might like to know what went down. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Out of State (Kansas) LEO Contact
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 10:08:02 PM »
Lucky they didn't throw you in the clink, what with you being a scary long haired biker and all.

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »
Always good to hear when things go smooth.

Offline fishguy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 10:10:43 PM »
I kid you not... I was coming home through Kansas last November. Stopped for speeding 15 over. I thought I was TOAST!  I told the LEO I had my weapon with me. He thanked me and said, "I wish there were more good guys with guns." I was wrote a warning and he asked what I carried. I told him 9mm Keltec and that was it. My wife said, "Let me get this straight... pulled over 15 over with a concealed weapon and you were wrote a warning...??"" She couldn't believe it... She didn't know I had it. She is kind of "ANTI" so I don't talk about it. Hooray for Kansas!!!  Definitely tell the LEO right away when you are pulled over. My buddy has been stopped a couple times north of Fremont and he was grilled a bit about his CCW. I think they even had him hand his gun over. It's hit or miss. Some cops are kind of sketchy...

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 08:08:51 AM »
If you check out the laws being written in Kansas, CCW isn't the big scary thing it is here in Nebraska.
Many of the CCW instructors are Retired or even active duty LEOs.  Seems something happens when you cross that state line... nah I'll be fair, the ignorance is more concentrated west EAST (my bad) of 81, along the I80 corridor. ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:19:31 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline fishguy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
If you check out the laws being written in Kansas, CCW isn't the big scary thing it is here in Nebraska.
Many of the CCW instructors are Retired or even active duty LEOs.  Seems something happens when you cross that state line... nah I'll be fair, the ignorance is more concentrated west of 81, along the I80 corridor. ;)

Agreed...

Offline lefty

• Powder Benefactor
  • KC0DA, NRA, USAF 57-61
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 06:48:50 AM »
Maybe time has come for all of ignorant firearm owners west of 81 along I80 corridor should drop out of  NFOA and form another organization.   Didn't realize the city folks have more firearm learning than us country boys!   Sure am glad I don't live in Omaha!

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 08:56:23 AM »
... nah I'll be fair, the ignorance is more concentrated west of 81, along the I80 corridor. ;)

This remark has been bothering me, too.   Not sure whether the intended 'target' of the verbal jab is LEO west of 81, firearm owners west of 81 or just a shot at all Nebraska citizens west of 81.   Anyway you look at it, it is an inflammatory remark, not really appropriate for a forum promoting unity among Nebraska firearm owners.   We should hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »
This so called "inflammatory"  remark was aimed at the less than conservative  law MAKERS and Generally less gun friendly nature found in the Metro area of the state.   I'm sorry if this fact did not come across as such, but I just done see how it became skewed to be a personal jab at LEOs or my fellow gun owning brothers and sisters.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 11:47:02 AM »
This so called "inflammatory"  remark was aimed at the less than conservative  law MAKERS and Generally less gun friendly nature found in the Metro area of the state.   I'm sorry if this fact did not come across as such, but I just done see how it became skewed to be a personal jab at LEOs or my fellow gun owning brothers and sisters.

I suspect the fact that you said "west of 81" when, apparently, you meant east of 81 was what led to the confusion/concern.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »
WELL HEY, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!  I am a bloomin flippin idiot who obviously needs some sleep..(clock just ticked 24hrs. Images I'ma just gonna call it a day)

Thanx Mud, I read that thru at least three times and all the the comments and still missed it.   Sorry for  any miss understandings or hard feelings.  Goodnight
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:22:48 PM by NE Bull »