< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Commission allows Omaha mayor's aide to be armed  (Read 2382 times)

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Commission allows Omaha mayor's aide to be armed
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »
Two of the first thing the new pro-gun mayor has done is have a city sponsored firearms turn in no questions asked to the Omaha PD.  Now she has gotten special permission for herself to have added armed security for her and her staff.

Time will tell as she goes down a path, which one she has chosen.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »
For those of you from outside Omaha...... Thank you to those who support the new mayor and what she is about. The ones who don't...... What buisness is of yours anyway? She has only been in office for a month. Do you expect these changes to happen overnight? I think more change needs to happen but at least I know it doesn't happen overnight.
As the new mayor of a city that was rapidly going downhill I am sure she has a lot on her plate. I voted for her because I thought she was the right person for the job. I'm willing to give her the chance and the time to make these changes. If you don't live here and aren't willing to give her the chance take your comments elsewhere.
If I have offended anyone good. I am just getting tired of people who don't live here bad mouthing her. It's not just on this forum it's everywhere.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
+1 Mike M.

I live outside of Omaha but work there and I completely agree with that. I took every opportunity I could to talk her up to Omaha residents at my work because I felt like she had the best chance of making changes to our benefit. Not only with firearms but with taxes and business decisions as well. Even though they are elected by a majority they always walk a fine line with governing over the whole populace.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline DJSIMS

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »
I spent an hour with our new mayor in a social, private friendly setting this past Friday night, I learned a lot and if, which I believe that she is, is true to her word, we are in good hands. There may in the very near future be an announcement that will be heartwarming to us all and a huge step in the right direction!
Having a CCW is like a seat belt in a car, a hassle to put on and uncomfortable to wear, you pray you never need it but thank God for it if you do. It is there to protect yourself and your family the only difference is a seatbelt is MANDATORY by law!! ~ Me
Former USMC, NRA life member, NAGR, GOA

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »
There may in the very near future be an announcement that will be heartwarming to us all and a huge step in the right direction!

I hope so.

Those of us who are Nebraska citizens but live outside of Omaha have a vested interest in Omaha politics, especially those that relate to the 2nd Amendment.    The population of Nebraska is, as of 2012, a total of 1,855,525 people.  Greater Omaha had a 2012 population of about 750,000 people, which is about 40% of Nebraska's population.  Omaha can  have a significant effect on Nebraska politics.   Just one  example is Cobra.

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 09:54:31 PM »
Don't take me wrong...I am very happy to see the last Mayor gone...they were trying damned hard to turn Omaha into another Chicago, New York, or DC.

But how many times has a politician claimed to be "pro-gun" (horrible term, pro-armament or pro-rights, because there are more rights at stake and the 2nd amendment doesn't only apply to firearms, it applies to ALL weapons of the modern infantry; meaning full-autos, anti-tank, grenades, knives, etc.) and then helped pass a law damaging the people's rights?

I was just saying that this is nothing new, meaning no change is being found in either the media or government.

No, nothing is expected over night, that is unrealistic.

Just can't say "I support them" necessarily.

If she moves to repeal, not just amend/alter, the current laws completely...I will do what I can to help her.

Simply, NEVER trust a politician, even if they claim to be on your side.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »
Judging someone before they as an individual has done harm is abhorrent to being free

Those are your words on another thread. Give her a chance to surprise you if that's what it takes.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013, 10:53:56 PM »
Those are your words on another thread. Give her a chance to surprise you if that's what it takes.

Did I say I was judging her? Did I say I wouldn't have voted for her? No, but that doesn't mean I trust her or support her without questioning her motives and possible hidden plans.

I also said:
If she moves to repeal, not just amend/alter, the current laws completely...I will do what I can to help her.

That is "giving her a chance"...that doesn't mean I'm going to just jump on board and go a long with whatever she does/says. That's like all those idiots that vote based on party or recognition instead of character, quality, and moral structure of the individual person and then on top of that, cease to be involved.

I base people on what actions they make, not what they say.

And just because she appears or claims to be on the side of securing/protecting individual's rights, doesn't mean that we shouldn't be watching her with a microscope.

Every single move and word said, either private, personally, or professionally by a government official/representative is the people's business, because as long as they are a government official/representative, every single thing they do and every single word they say is said/done in our name.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:16:43 PM by ProtoPatriot »
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 10:36:06 AM »
I spent an hour with our new mayor in a social, private friendly setting this past Friday night, I learned a lot and if, which I believe that she is, is true to her word, we are in good hands. There may in the very near future be an announcement that will be heartwarming to us all and a huge step in the right direction!

Fairly soon, anyway...

;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40:21 PM »
* unfy looks at the thread

What have I done ?  :-\

Good to see some debate though  ;D

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »
What have I done ?  :-\

We didn't say it was your fault.  We said we were going to blame you!   :P  :D   :laugh: