< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Tactical Pistol I - July 14  (Read 1187 times)

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member
Tactical Pistol I - July 14
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:25:56 AM »
Tactical Pistol I - Sun July 14 from 2-6PM. Class focuses on repetition of basic skills, accurate placement of the shot and multiple target acquisition. We will be shooting at Nebraska Shooters Range by Firth

http://nebraskashooters.com/schedule

Round count - 300.
Price - $100.

For more details or to register click on:

http://www.avoidthefight.com/training/courses/tactical-pistol-one/

Offline DCPrecisionLLC

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Tactical Pistol I - July 14
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 11:30:50 AM »
If you have the time and money you should definitely attend this course. Great instructor, great training, and great facility.
DCPrecisionLLC
www.dcprecisionllc.com
DCPrecisionllc@gmail.com
(512) 492-5379

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 07:48:15 PM »
I have taken this course and can definitely recommend it.  It really teaches a lot of muscle memory and drilling of fundamentals.  Looking forward to do the Tactical Pistol II (hint hint). 

I agree with DC above, great instructor and facility.  Everyone should consider this if you carry daily, especially if you are in the Lincoln area.
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline R.Schoening

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 09:38:33 PM »
Cody is a one of the good guys and a solid shooter...this should be a great course!
- Rob

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
Thanks Gig, schedule will be opening up soon for another TPII, stay tuned...

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 06:41:58 PM »
This class and the carbine classes from DCPrecision are solid and will make you proficient in handguns and carbines.  We are really fortunate to have such a good community and instructors in this area.  I strongly suggest both classes. Take advantage of this training BEFORE you need it.  (and while we still can)
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
Class is now full.

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »
Class on Sunday went great. It was a hot one, but there is not perfect day for a gunfight.

Check out pics on our fb page at

https://www.facebook.com/SafetySystemsGroup?hc_location=stream

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 10:48:54 AM »
Excellent experience at the Tactical Pistol I class by Safety Systems Group (SSG) www.avoidthefight.com this past Sunday, July 14.  The class was full with nine registrants, and there was the main instructor and two of his staff.

It was held at Nebraska Shooters Range in Firth, NE (great facilities). Registrants were mixed in experience from relatively new to tactical training to those with more experience.  SSG took that factor into account to ensure a smooth flow of the instruction and drills/exercises. 

The mix of group and individualized instruction lent great value to each participant.  Being an educator, I was very impressed with how SSG built the course from foundational basics to full application of those basics in the end-of-day "4 standards" of specific drills that combined time and accuracy.  After practicing them as a group, performing it one at a time with observation from peers added that extra challenge of staying focused knowing that others are watching while also experiencing and adjusting to the concomitant adrenaline pump.

This is a highly recommended course either as a first time or as a refresher; it is always good to receive a perspective of others who have had both excellent training and life experiences in the area of handgun tactics. The instructor is one of those individuals who has a lot to offer from both of those perspectives AND who knows how to offer it to others at their respective levels of experience.

I look forward to other courses from SSG.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:11:52 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline RN4Guns

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 12:38:21 PM »
This sounds like a good class. Went to their website and facebook page but could not find out anything about their trainers or who was teaching the classes. Does anyone know where I can find that information? It sounds like the above posters may know or be part of the company. Thanks!

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 10:56:04 PM »
PM sent