< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 5.11 Tactical All Hazards Prime Backpack  (Read 3001 times)

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Prime Backpack
« on: July 28, 2013, 11:42:05 PM »
This seems like a very nice BOB, hunting pack, or backpacking pack...though it's frameless.

It's about $210 but good quality bags can jump quite rapidly in price.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/Backpacks/All-Hazards-Prime-Backpack.html

Any thoughts on it?
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: 5.11 Tactical All Hazards Prime Backpack
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »
I have no first-hand experience with the All Hazards Prime, but 5.11's Prime bags seem to be well built based upon what I have heard from others.  They can certainly be found for far less than the $210 MSRP.  Check eBay, Amazon, etc.

On a somewhat related note, I will be leading a round table discussion of preparedness topics at the annual meeting, including discussion of get home bags (GHB's) and bug-out bags (BOB's).  If you happen to purchase one of these between now and the meeting, please bring it to the meeting so we can all "fondle" it a bit. :D

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:35:14 PM »
No, I haven't got it yet, but was thinking for a replacement of my Fox Tactical 72 hour bag.

https://www.foxoutdoor.com/ItemDetails.aspx?cid=1&ccid=1&cscid=6

I have the Eberlestock Terminator for other long term things.

http://www.eberlestock.com/F4%20Terminator.htm
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 04:45:25 PM »
The wife and I each have the old style of CamelBak MotherLode BOB/GHB. 2100 C.I.and 100 Oz hydration bladder. They have changed this considerably but I still like the older model better. Here's the link to the old style for ~$170 http://www.surplusmilitarystore.com/CamelBak-60667-MOTHERLODE-Hydration-Backpack-MULTICAM.html

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:04:32 PM »
I have purchased alot of 5.11 clothing, bags, backpack, suitcase, etc......... The only POOR QUALITY bad thing I have bought 5.11 was one of their backpacks. Not the one listed, but the Covert one. The straps squeaked every time you walk/moved, and the front strap broke on me........ I contacted 5.11 about it, NO RESPONSE. That was a $90 backpack that got used on about 6 flights and then I had to pitch it. Never again....... I won't waste my money on 5.11 backpacks again.

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »
I have purchased alot of 5.11 clothing, bags, backpack, suitcase, etc......... The only POOR QUALITY bad thing I have bought 5.11 was one of their backpacks. Not the one listed, but the Covert one. The straps squeaked every time you walk/moved, and the front strap broke on me........ I contacted 5.11 about it, NO RESPONSE. That was a $90 backpack that got used on about 6 flights and then I had to pitch it. Never again....... I won't waste my money on 5.11 backpacks again.

Interesting...I have a couple pairs of 5.11 pants, but I prefer Tru-Spec 24-7 pants as they seem to hold their color better, a bit more comfortable, and the pockets (both style and function: the cargo pockets are designed to be a holster for either magazines or pistol, not to mention other uses).

I guess I'll keep looking for another bag, because the Fox Tactical 72 hour bag just doesn't fit me... I'll have to take a look into the bag 00Buck suggested....I do like my molle.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline EricF517

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 11:09:22 PM »
I have a 5.11 Rush 72 and am absolutely in love with it.  The thing is HUGE and has plenty of places to organize stuff.  Which is my favorite part of it.  Their customer service is, to me, the best I have ever dealt with bar none.