< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Social Greeting: BIG BBQ/PARTY  (Read 1528 times)

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
Social Greeting: BIG BBQ/PARTY
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:43:55 PM »
OK,

For a major BBQ get together here in Eastern Nebraska (Western Nebraska, Western Iowa, and any other surrounding areas are of course welcome as well...if someone has a way to spread the word to them).

Topics we need to figure out:

1. Location (if public park or private area such as the Fremont Izaak Walton grounds, we need to discuss funding)
2. Date (thinking September or early October)
3. Open carry vs Conceal or both
4. Cater or pot-luck (if cater we need to discuss funding)
5. Types of food
6. Shelters if need be (if we choose a location that is in the middle of a field or the park has none or not enough, we would need tents... which means funding or if someone already has some of their own)

Any other topics I missed?
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
Re: Social Greeting: BIG BBQ/PARTY
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:41:56 PM »
My current votes:

1. I like the Izaak Walton property, but also maybe Gretna or even downtown Omaha at Heartland of America park ....would depend on how much attention we would want.
2. As I said maybe end of September or beginning of October
3. I would say open carry
4. I could go for either pot-luck or cater...of course with pot-luck it may be hard to determine how much food.
5. Types of Food:  I would actually like to see a pig roast (good ol' rotisserie over a wood fire), good old mustard potato salad and amish macaroni salad, ribs, hotdogs, burgers, maybe some steaks.
6. Shelters: tents would most likely be needed at any venue (except possibly the Izaak Walton property)

As for funding, since we are going to do this officially as a NFOA, we can use this as a kind of fundraiser as well. Make it possible for donations at the event as well.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:19:53 PM »
My current votes:

1. I like the Izaak Walton property, but also maybe Gretna or even downtown Omaha at Heartland of America park ....would depend on how much attention we would want.
2. As I said maybe end of September or beginning of October
3. I would say open carry
4. I could go for either pot-luck or cater...of course with pot-luck it may be hard to determine how much food.
5. Types of Food:  I would actually like to see a pig roast (good ol' rotisserie over a wood fire), good old mustard potato salad and amish macaroni salad, ribs, hotdogs, burgers, maybe some steaks.
6. Shelters: tents would most likely be needed at any venue (except possibly the Izaak Walton property)

As for funding, since we are going to do this officially as a NFOA, we can use this as a kind of fundraiser as well. Make it possible for donations at the event as well.

Regarding item #3...The Lincoln Ikes will not allow open carry of a firearm (loaded or unloaded), but they DO allow concealed. 

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
Regarding item #3...The Lincoln Ikes will not allow open carry of a firearm (loaded or unloaded), but they DO allow concealed. 

Yeah, I know about the Lincoln IKES and no open carry, but I will need to check the Fremont IKES.

I was thinking the Fremont IKEs, they have a large hall and a campground as well. Their hall costs $500 to rent or $250 for a member to rent it.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:15:22 PM »
Pot luck may be the way to go. I'm sure there are enough fellas, and ladies, around that would like to show off their BBQing skills.

Also, a Saturday morning coffee may help with the planning process... just throwing that out there...
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 08:40:23 PM »
Pot luck may be the way to go. I'm sure there are enough fellas, and ladies, around that would like to show off their BBQing skills.

Also, a Saturday morning coffee may help with the planning process... just throwing that out there...

True on both accounts...has a coffee day/time been set yet? I haven't seen anything yet and I usually work Saturdays.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline DVRDWN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 10:55:32 AM »
Sounds like a great idea here.  What's the status of the coffee?