< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Cities banning concealed carry  (Read 1444 times)

Offline brandingman

• NFOA Full Member
Cities banning concealed carry
« on: August 04, 2013, 03:15:22 PM »
Has the issue of cities banning CC ever been completely resolved?  I looked at posts as far back as 2009 and saw that the AG said they cannot ban but, at that time anyway, cities said they would continue to ban.  I would think that the AG would have the last word.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Cities banning concealed carry
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 03:34:27 PM »
Read Below [If You Can Ever Stop From Chuckling.........]

18-1703. Ownership, possession, and transportation of concealed handguns; power of cities and villages; existing ordinance, permit, or regulation; null and void.

Cities and villages shall not have the power to regulate the ownership, possession, or transportation of a concealed handgun, as such ownership, possession, or transportation is authorized under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act, except as expressly provided by state law, and shall not have the power to require registration of a concealed handgun owned, possessed, or transported by a permitholder under the act.

Any existing city or village ordinance, permit, or regulation regulating the ownership, possession, or transportation of a concealed handgun, as such ownership, possession, or transportation is authorized under the act, except as expressly provided under state law, and any existing city or village ordinance, permit, or regulation requiring the registration of a concealed handgun owned, possessed, or transported by a permitholder under the act, is declared to be null and void as against any permitholder possessing a valid permit under the act.

NE State Law.   Last Word.

sfg
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:38:13 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline brandingman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 06:15:13 PM »
Thanks SemperFiGuy.   That's what I thought but wanted to be sure.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 06:12:52 PM »
Yet the Village of Boys Town continues to display their "No Concealed Carry" signs at all of its entrances.  Are they exempt from preemption by some other state law?  I checked and they are indeed an incorporated Village under Nebraska state law.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »
Yet the Village of Boys Town continues to display their "No Concealed Carry" signs at all of its entrances.  Are they exempt from preemption by some other state law?  I checked and they are indeed an incorporated Village under Nebraska state law.

Ron
I would suspect that the property itself is all privately owned, which would give them the right to prohibit weapons.

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 09:36:49 PM »
I would suspect that the property itself is all privately owned, which would give them the right to prohibit weapons.

Yes, Boys Town is completely private property owned by the non-profit organization.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...