< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA Annual Member Meeting  (Read 9505 times)

Offline zebra

• Forum Member
Re: NFOA Annual Member Meeting
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »
(Ardena told me that I had to leave my scores in the rankings.)

Hey, you competed and got your times just like everyone else! It counts! :) And I think it's important that the members that were in your seminar know that you actually CAN shoot because most of them didn't actually get to watch you shoot-- just teach.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2013, 10:23:55 PM »
Was a lot of fun to put faces to names and get to know some of you guys. The shooting was a blast. I have to say everyone that worked the event in any way whether that was teaching a workshop, helping with a workshop, organizing the event, helping keep things running smoothly, helping work with Heartland Public Shooting Park, picking up and ordering the delicious lunch, working to get Sen. Charlie Janssen there, donated a raffle prize, etc. you all did an excellent job.

Glad I at least did well in the steel challenge. Pulled one shot BARELY (sighhhhh) out of the target area to fail the defensive challenge at the end of Thomas' workshop and I either really suck or an equipment problem (hopefully will have that diagnosed soon) to fail the rifle challenge in John's workshop.

Excited for next year.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2013, 10:43:42 PM »
Agreed. This was by far the best NFOA meeting / event that I have been to. The day just flowed from start to finish. Thanks to all that organized this event and to Heartland Park and Bill.

And I can't leave out Jeremy  and the guys at the 22 range. I know my son had a great time. These guys spent some time with a couple very young boys. It was great to see the special attention and patience that was extended to our future class of sportsmen.

Steel Challenge, watch out, a new monster was born today. Talked about it all the way to York, then passed out. Good for him.

Again, Thanks to all.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut

Offline minnowmaker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2013, 12:45:53 PM »
Nice event...Thanks board members and all who helped!

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2013, 01:29:04 PM »
I would like to specifically thank Ghost of the Past and HuskerXD for sacrificing the clinics they had wanted to attend, and helping out with the kids shooting.  THANX!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2013, 02:37:47 PM »
I ended up with someone's homemade empty chamber indicator. Thanks for the loan, and PM me so I can get it back to you.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2013, 02:42:30 PM »
I ended up with someone's homemade empty chamber indicator. Thanks for the loan, and PM me so I can get it back to you.

I think that was bkoenig if I'm not mistaken.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »
Thank you to everyone that came out and everyone that donated their time to this event. I had a ton of fun and enjoyed seeing everyone out there. :)

Lorimor did really well at our little seminar as well (Pistol w/ Precision Response Training). More practice for everyone (me too)! And we didn't even have to shoot him with an airsoft to make it happen..... ;)

I am largely over The Incident. After months of therapy, I can hear the word "Airsoft" spoken without automatically diving for cover.  However, even now, if I get the teensiest whiff of propane, I wet myself and run away, screaming like a little girl. :)

Thanks for your efforts on Saturday as well!

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2013, 02:49:51 PM »
Lorimore, I was the fella just ahead of you in the red shirt that you edged out for 3rd. Way to go!

Thanks Wallace11bravo for your instructions and your extra attention to detail with helping in other areas of shooting that are more fundamental to consistent shooting.

Thanks jthhapkido for the Steel challenge and for your excellent instruction. Also thanks for introducing me to speed shooting and highlighting skills to work on.

Thanks to the directors and volunteers for how much time you put into this event! It was a ton of fun and I look forward to getting to know you guys more.

And finally, Chris Z for suggesting that I join this group at your concealed carry class in June. I didn't get a chance to talk to you today but thanks. I decided last month to become a monthly donor too!

Thanks!  Nice shooting with you and the rest of the guys and gals out there.  As I was standing in line, roasting, and watching the times coming in and the big scopes on some of the AR's, I wondered what I was doing out there with my little HD gun and Aimpoint but I figured what the heck.  I am always amazed at how well the combo shoots.  Just has to be pointed right is all.

I think everybody had a good time from what I could tell. 

We are very fortunate to have such great instructors nearby.  I am hoping that NFOA members will support them. 

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »
I think that was bkoenig if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, no big deal.  I have plenty of them.

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2013, 09:07:15 PM »
Thanks to everyone who volunteered, donated, and organized everything.
My daughter and I had fun

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2013, 10:37:36 AM »
I had a blast running around like a chicken with its head cut off ... taking video and photos, leading the preparedness discussion, delivering water (thanks to the folks at Heartland for the use of the pickup) and hauling trash barrels.  It was a long, but very good, day.  I hope to have a video put together in the next couple weeks.

Amidst all of that fun, I somehow missed the person to whom I was supposed to deliver the Eddie Eagle materials.  I think they were left in the blue pickup.  Sorry about that!  Shoot me a PM and I'll mail them to you.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2013, 11:15:55 AM »
I've gotta say, you guys really turned out for this year!  The 2013 meeting was at least 5-6 times the size of our previous years.  Now the goal will be to at least double attendance at next year's meeting! 

I just wanted to give a big thank you to Bill Starkey and Heartland Public Shooting Park.  Gang, they went above and beyond in their helpfulness and hospitality.  Next time any of you guys and gals head out there to plink or shoot in a competition at Heartland, please take a moment to let them know in the clubhouse how much you appreciated them hosting our meeting.  Next, I'd like to thank the top-notch instructors we had running the workshops.  These folks are some of the best in their fields and for them to offer a free clinic to NFOA members was extremely generous.  If you liked what you heard/saw/did in their classes, I definitely recommend checking out their business webpages and finding a full-length class to take from them.  Also, I want to thank the volunteers who helped setup, took pics/video, the member (who chose to remain anonymous) who donated the Mosin rifle package, those who ran supplies wherever they were needed throughout the day, and the ones who helped tear down the tables/chairs, cleanup, and empty the trash cans (Sean took one for the team dumping garbage juice from one of the barrels into the dumpster).  Finally, I want to thank the Board of Directors for organizing this whole rodeo.  They were the ones securing the location, contacting instructors about the workshops, getting our keynote speaker lined up, taking care of the catering, recruiting volunteers to help with the youth firearm safety workshop, and making sure that there was plenty of soap, water, sunscreen, and other supplies - and a whole list of other things that have slipped my mind at the present moment.  Everyone did a fantastic job to make it a safe, fun weekend!

We've already started the pre-planning for next year and with a lot of work and a little help, I think it's going to be an even bigger and better annual meeting!
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2013, 11:39:58 AM »
HERE! HERE!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2013, 04:38:35 PM »
If anyone has any photos they would like to contribute to the NFOA FB event photo album, email them to me at wallace11bravo@yahoo.com

Offline vinny18

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »
Here is a link to a good news story about the meeting, in case anyone missed it.

http://www.1011now.com/centralnebraska/home/headlines/NOFA-Meets-at-Heartland-Public-Shooting-Park-220963721.html

Offline TracyW

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2013, 06:40:14 PM »
Here is a link to a good news story about the meeting, in case anyone missed it.

http://www.1011now.com/centralnebraska/home/headlines/NOFA-Meets-at-Heartland-Public-Shooting-Park-220963721.html

Notice in the video and in the article it says NOFA?

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2013, 08:09:16 PM »
Hey, you competed and got your times just like everyone else! It counts! :) And I think it's important that the members that were in your seminar know that you actually CAN shoot because most of them didn't actually get to watch you shoot-- just teach.

Thomas can shoot?!

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum