< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Urgent Message to All Nebraska NRA Members  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Urgent Message to All Nebraska NRA Members
« on: August 08, 2013, 07:06:15 PM »
Dear Nebraska NRA Member:

Last month the House Appropriations Committee passed the Commerce, Justice, and Science Appropriations bill by a bipartisan vote.  During consideration of this legislation, several anti-gun committee members tried to attach provisions to weaken our Second Amendment rights.  Fortunately, your representative, Jeff Fortenberry, stood strong for freedom by voting against every anti-gun amendment.   Now, however, Billionaire New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is targeting Rep. Fortenberry, falsely accusing him of allowing terrorists to buy firearms.

Here are the facts.  Bloomberg’s proposal, which Fortenberry opposed and was defeated by a vote of 29-19, would have prohibited law-abiding Americans who appear on a secret government list, with no clear parameters for inclusion and no process for removal, from purchasing firearms.  These lists have included countless individuals over the years who have committed no crimes, from young children to Members of Congress.  Prohibiting honest citizens from exercising their fundamental, constitutional rights based on secret evidence with no due process of law is simply un-American.

Please write and call Representative Fortenberry today and thank him for defending your Second Amendment freedoms by standing up to New York City Mayor Bloomberg and his anti-gun supporters in Congress.

Contact Representative Fortenberry at:
1514 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-4806
Contact info    http://fortenberry.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3374&Itemid=72

NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION INSTITUTE FOR LEGISLATIVE ACTION
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Urgent Message to All Nebraska NRA Members
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »
Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
And, while you're on the phone with him, ask him why he doesn't want to defund ObamaCare.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/fortenberry-rejects-government-shutdown/article_643df4e9-c65f-59e7-bd25-f60d6e59a614.html

Fortenberry is a progressive in sheep's clothing. 
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:17:44 PM »
Quote from: Fortenberry
"We need to protect citizens from government intrusion and protect the country from attack"

Sigh. Fail. Complete fail. :(

The voting against the amendments was nice.

The obamacare thing - guess can't **** with his meal ticket or something.  Or views a gov't shutdown as more ethically/morally wrong than .... sigh.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 10:26:15 PM »
Fortenberry is a progressive in sheep's clothing.

uh, huh...  Is that why he voted AGAINST Bloomberg's circumvention of the 2nd Amendment?

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 07:12:52 AM »
He was the only one of our 3 Reps who voted to raise taxes in Dec 2012. Also recall Big Ben had an A+ NRA rating....and was the deciding Obamacare vote.
With regards to government shutdown.....smoke and mirrors.  The Gov shut down 6 times during Reagan era....we "survived"..Shut down in 95.....we "survived".  The gov shuts down every weekend and Federal holiday..... Here' s hoping success to whomever runs agaibst The Fort in the Republican primary.  Full disclosure....I am a 28 year NRA Life and 7 year Endowment member.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 07:32:41 AM »
Interesting.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 09:49:12 AM »
Interesting.

GSD, You are completely correct here.  This is one of those cases where all the comments here are correct, at least in part.  Congressman Fortenberry has at been very supportive of our Second Amendment Rights, though I don't always think he completely understands them, but as had been mentioned is weak to down right progressive on some other issues.  What does that make him, in my mind he is human with all the faults and weaknesses that that includes.  We should be active and try to push him to support our (your individual) views on issues, and the NFOA will work to keep him in Our corner (pro 2A).

As the NRA has pointed out, we need to thank him for the support he has shown us.  This is especially true when groups like MAIG, who we have just kicked out of our state, go to attack him for his support of our position.  But also as FarmerRick noted, it does not hurt to put a bug in his ear on other issues that are important to you as well.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »
Another thing to bear in mind - the NFOA and NRA are single issue groups.  I know the vast majority of us are either conservative or libertarian, but when it comes down to it a pro-2A group is going to support politicians who support our right to keep & bear arms.  Personally, I would like to see politicians support individual freedom of all types, but to me the right to defend yourself both from criminals and an oppressive government is what preserves all other rights so when push comes to shove I will support those who are pro 2A.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 12:58:20 PM »
Another thing to bear in mind - the NFOA and NRA are single issue groups.  I know the vast majority of us are either conservative or libertarian, but when it comes down to it a pro-2A group is going to support politicians who support our right to keep & bear arms.  Personally, I would like to see politicians support individual freedom of all types, but to me the right to defend yourself both from criminals and an oppressive government is what preserves all other rights so when push comes to shove I will support those who are pro 2A.

I agree, it's just too bad Fort is giving us the proverbial "reach-around" by supporting the 2nd Amendment all the while voting to embolden and transfer more power to said oppressive government.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 01:34:37 PM »
I`m a life member of the NRA. I`m also a life member of the GOA! The main reason I support the GOA is because they realize the protection of the second amendment requires stopping "progressive" attacks on all fronts.