< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Aliquippa, PA woman runs over guy with a toy gun, no charges brought against her  (Read 612 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/09/police-aliquippa-woman-thwarts-robbery-by-running-over-suspect/

Hard to pick a paragraph or two from the article to copy/paste.

Basically, guy walking down street with shotgun (turns out to be airsoft btw).

Woman driving sees this, the guy is walking towards kids.

She runs him over.

Police offer up a 'he was prolly gonna rob a store down the street' excuse (credibility: dunno).

But... but...

The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over.

“She had no duty to retreat,” said Beaver County District Attorney Anthony Berosh. “You don’t have to wait to find out whether or not this is a real gun or not, and she was acting not only out of her own defense, but the defense of those two children.”

I'm sorry.

WHAT ?

EXCUSE ME ?
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
While the no duty to retreat is great to hear etc.

The no charges thing is horse ****.

If it was plastic black bat would there have been charges ? Prolly.

If someone with a real gun had shot this airsoft guy would there have been charges ? You betcha.

God damnit! >.<
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Unfy reread it again ....

He pointed it at her ........
She thought it was real .....
Deadly force authorized .....

so she gunned it and..
well you get the picture.

While I'll agree it's highly unusual.
She did a piss poor job if you ask me.

Had to get his Ear sewed back on ?

Just what was she Driving a freekin Mini cooper or Hugo .....

Seems like a Golf cart or a pissed off Bike messenger could have hurt him more than she did.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 03:20:49 PM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Phantom:

Possibly.  As laid out in the story, indeed.

I guess I read this:

Police say she feared White was going to shoot the children, so she ran over him with her car.

And got immediately too annoyed to properly read the following paragraph (which contradicts the above line btw).

Still - if a police officer had shot the guy let alone if a civilian had shot the guy - it woulda been ape**** story time.

And i'll stick by my original comment of:

While the no duty to retreat is great to hear etc.